Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ribs and fantasy draft

Options
Legume
Legume Posts: 14,627
My boys are having a bunch of their soon to be off to college friends over for fantasy football draft tonight, so I put on six racks of bb ribs for them.  Currently @ 225 with some hickory and pecan, Chupacabra rub and a turkey roasting rack flipped and repurposed as a rib rack.

If it was me, I'd wait until the preseason injuries surface before drafting, but this is their last weekend together.  At least I get to be a fly on the wall one last time.

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Its WAY to early for a Fantasy Draft...  BTW, the ribs look great!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SidZer0
    SidZer0 Posts: 45
    Options
    +1 waaaay early.  We're drafting on the 23rd and I'm still worried about preseason injuries.
    Jax, FL
  • SidZer0
    SidZer0 Posts: 45
    Options
    Enjoy the ribs though...they look great.
    Jax, FL
  • Legume
    Options
    I know it's early. Not me, my kids.  Last weekend they'll be with their friends/teammates from HS football and they know they'll never be able to coordinate a draft once they're scattered to the wind at different schools as freshman - too many new things going on.  They'll spend the time leading up to start of the season talking smack and trade-raping each other.  They're not obsessed with the winning, Giving each other a hard time is at the top of their list.

I think after the ribs and the draft, they're going to have a Madden tournament.  I'm just going to enjoy watching them all one last time before they leave the nest.  It's bittersweet. Excited for them all, but I know as a parent it will never be the same as it has been for past 20 years of having kids in the house.
  • Legume
    Options
    Progress.  3 hours in, running 275 now and flipped them over after this pic.  Seems to be a little too crowded, some of these racks are thick and don't seem to have gotten nearly the smoke in the middle of the top as the edges and bone side.  Another 30 min and I'll probably put in a second raised grid and lay them all flat.

• Legume
    Options
    Just before the 18 year old locust swarm hit.image
  • boochsr71
    boochsr71 Posts: 267
    Options
    good sendoff!

Booch- from Medina, Ohio

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    You are a good man
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer