Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first Egg is a Rescue!

Options
I have been a gasser until a few months ago, then my fiance told me she got me a surprise. Sweet! But she wouldn't tell me anything except we have to go pick it up. As it turns out, one of her co-workers' neighbor was going to put it out by the curb (for the trash to pick up).  We got it home and I took it apart, cleaned it up and repainted the metal parts.  I had rescued a Big Green Egg! 

I know some people that have Eggs and cook on them, but nothing more than regular grilling, but I was stoked and ready to get started!  I thought I had a fair idea of what could be done on one, but I was really in the dark and have been learning so much more about grilling than I thought possible!

I have had good success with pizza and burgers and regular stuff and fair results on chicken (beer can).  Last night I did two spatchcock style and, holy cow, that was the best chicken I've ever had!  I set it at 400 indirect for just about an hour. Awesome!  pics next time.
LBGE  Sanibel, FL

Comments