Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just for you Henapple

Options
Hotch
Hotch Posts: 3,564

@henapple Ok I will post my last cooks but it has been a little busy around here as you can see.

So I always wanted one these

So I could make some of these

I cooked them at 350 on my trusty fryer. I should have thrown in some sausage slices or cubed bologna.

(Fry'd bologna cubes and spicy brown mustard, Wow that is liv'n the high life)

Then SHMBO (Grandkids call her Honey) wanted some chicken (not a big fan of chicken) and she said "How about putting these on the Egg?"

After a few minutes this is what we had. Best green beans and potatoes I have ever had.

Not many days later this little guy shows up.

Say howdy to Baby Hotch and his proud Dad

And now we spend a little Egg'n time over there.

So you see we have been a little bust lately around here.

I hope this posts correctly......

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
BGE Chiminea
Prosper, TX

Comments

• Hotch
    Options

I guess you want to see the beans,

And there ya go.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    That pic of you and the baby said it all man
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    You get full Marcs for both the cook and little one. You only get a few months of that, get all you can. I would get a mini for first birthday. Much better than a toy.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Congrats Hotch!!!  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Hotch
    Options

@Jstroke I gave his dad a large a few years back so I will pickup a Mini at Salado from @Mickey for him.

It great to be have grandkids (3) and a great family and good friends. 

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Well its great you are able to share--(ahemm--force-feed) this disease to the next generations
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Congrats!!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Hotch
    Options

@henapple So I have been invited to cook with a few Egg Heads that we partner with on projects around town. They are celebrating their New Office Remodel.

We will be serving our Baja Wave Tequila Lime Tacos and the Margarita Cookies. (You missed them at Athens) I hear there will be brisket sliders, Axis pizzas and a whole lot more.

The owner has 2 Large, my bud is bring his large and a medium and I will be cooking on a borrowed XL and my Mini. 

And we have two out of town Eggheads coming in to cook. Should be a great time with my 100 or so new Egg friends.

So I can say I am pacing myself.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    Thanks @cazzy and @RAC it has been great. I don't lose any sleep at all. Can't say that about his Dad. It is an eye opener for sure. I explained to him it get easyer in about 18-20 years that is.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nice
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Congrats on the grandkid. The potatoes and bean and fries made my mouth water....
  • Hotch
    Options
    Thanks @anzyegg 
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX