Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eating Crow with a smile on my face.

SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
I have always said that I would not spend money on any thing smaller than a large. I felt that it was a waste of money if you will that could have been put toward a larger egg. That all changed today however. My wife decided that she wanted a egg of her own. Sadly for me she chose a mini. So guess what. I have now spent money on a egg that was not a large or bigger and I'm having to eat my own crow. Can't win them all my friends. Just for the record- The crow is actually pretty good !!imageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,723
    Heck yeah!! She is going to have to get her own login to the forum now!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • mslaw
    mslaw Posts: 241
    I wonder what she would have to say?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Wifey is happy.  You know what that's worth.   ;)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• SGH
    @Thatgrimguy‌
    I have been trying to talk her into it. She is kind of funny about things though. We will see. She may do it yet if I keep pushing her.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    @mslaw‌
    She would honestly be a great addition to this forum. She is far more intelligent than I will ever be. She is also a par excellent wife.

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    So in other words, she is the brains my friend(ha)... I think you'll love the small one. I've seen some excellent cooks on here with them. I'm sure your wife will love it.
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Congrats on the mini! That's on my next egg list.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• SGH
    @anzyegg‌
    At the moment she is not home so I can proclaim to be the brains. When she gets home and reads this I will have to change it ! Thanks for the compliments my friend.
    @RAC‌
    Thank you brother.

Status- Standing by.

• Well on a list of "things to eat crow over" getting a new mini after you said you wouldn't has to be number 1 on the list. Enjoy the new cooker my brother, can't wait to see some of the amazing cooks that will inevitably be produced on that fine little grill.
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    I have never tried crow.  Did you cook the CROW direct or indirect. Spatchcoked or vertical?  Tsunami Spin or Bad Byrons?  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • In SGHs case it's grilled direct at 400 on a mini :D
  • SGH
    @ChillyWillis‌
    I'm honestly going to cook a Crow for this occasion. Going to cook indirect in the vertical on a meat hook until almost done. Then going to finish with a sear on the new mini. Then smother with sawmill gravy and slap it on a biscuit and eat it with a smile on my face in honor of Mrs. SGH! Watch and see my friends .

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Crow is actually quite good when properly prepared .

Status- Standing by.

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    SGH, i want a full portfolio of pictures. Y I will bow low at the waist and tip my hat. You will absolutely have gone beyond your tagline at that point. Congrats on the new one, she deserves it I' sure.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    A happy wife is a happy @SGH :D

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    @Jstroke‌
    You got it brother. I will even include a pic of me eating it. We really do eat American Crows down here. I don't eat the related Mags but the Americans are better than squirrel in my book.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Enjoy your new baby ;) Happy wife happy life.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Thank you brother husker.

Status- Standing by.

• RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    What an awesome reason to eat crow! Congrats on the hew arrival and the happy wife.
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • SGH said:

Crow is actually quite good when properly prepared .

Needs garlic - we'll see if she let's you cook on it

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• SGH
    Home sweet home!!!!!imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @Mickey‌
    Look at the pics above sir . I'm cooking a mini!^^^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

• Sixpack1
    Sixpack1 Posts: 189
    It's like it's in an incubator,  Happy wife, Happy life...
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

• tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    You will love it especially for steaks.I wouldn't trade my mini for another large.
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    I wouldn't let crow be the first cook on the wife's new egg! Something seems wrong about that!
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Congrats on the Mini! We have one we call Piglet and she is a Mean Green Grilling Machine!!!! ^:)^

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• SGH

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Little brother. Finally complete.image

Status- Standing by.

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    I bought a Mini last March and love it for cooking for two. With the looflighter, I can have it up to 500 degrees in 10-15 minutes. The woo and 2 pizza stones will cook a mini pizza in 5-6 minutes. I actually use it more than my small or large. But again most of the time I'm cooking for two.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    SGH said:

@Mickey‌
    Look at the pics above sir . I'm cooking a mini!^^^^^^^^^^^

I would spatchcock it
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.