Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2005 Update

Options
bdavidson
bdavidson Posts: 411
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,
Time for my annual update post. Hope you all have been well. Jo and I returned from China with our second adopted child, Ellie, in September, and except for a brief bout of pneumonia, she's adapting well. Everyone is excited for Christmas, and my egg is about to get another workout.[p]I'm still in Pennsylvania working at the VA Medical Center and directing one of the Primary Care programs. No time to lurk around and peruse the posts in my former stomping grounds at BGE.com! But life is good, with a great wife, 6 wonderful kids and a large green monster on the deck.[p]I picked up a 10 lb rolled prime rib yesterday (to the tune of $93! Gulp!) and a remote Polder. Unfortunately, my ceramic grate sustained several compound fractures during a recent high temp cook, and had to be discarded. I was able to find the old iron trivet that we had been touting a couple of years ago and got the egg ready without much trouble.[p]Does anyone have a reliable, "this is the God-honest best stuff I've ever tasted" recipe? Also requesting temp suggestions for a tender prime rib. If non are forthcoming, I'll go with one of the already posted recipes.[p]Congrats to my old friend, Nature Boy, for his recent competition successes![p]Good to "see" you all again, and hope to cook with you in Waldorf this spring. [p]Brad

Comments