Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackened Tuna

Options
Thatgrimguy
Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
I like mine raw in the middle. I get it fresh off the boats here on the coast. So this was caught today. (picked it up in Point Cadet Marina from a charter boat)

Heavy coating of Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic then on direct at 750 in the small egg. roughly 3min total.  Sliced thin and dunked in either teriyaki or low sodium soy with wasabi.

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a meal fit for a king!! Excellent job!! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    edited August 2014
    Options
    My wife is on the way to your house to eat!!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Sweet cook, I would eat that whole thing.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    @SGH  I have more! Come on!

@Legume I did!  No sides, just lots of Tuna!! 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    Options
    Brother this storms stops I'm firing up the bay boat!!

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Perfectly prepared! I'll take mine w/ shrimp sauce/wasabi or soy sauce and wasabi. Nice ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    That weather be missing us @SGH
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Absolutely fabulous!!! I would tear that up even if I had to arm wrestle @sgh for a piece!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SGH
    Options
    It's killing us. Power keeps flashing off.

Status- Standing by.

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    WoW! That is SAD!
  • SGH
    Options
    I told y'all that he was the real deal. The man can cook!

Status- Standing by.

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I've thought about reverse sear to bring the IT more. But really I've done this for years and never gotten sick so I do what works.
  • SGH
    Options
    As good as that looks I wouldn't change a thing! A rock solid cook my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy‌
    It didn't miss us. Ran right over the top of us. Knocked the power off why I was deep frying.imageimageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Nice Job on the Tuna, one of my favorites @thatgrimguy

Johns Creek, Georgia