Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest 2014

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
My wife and I are officially cooks this year. Got our tix a few hours ago. Now to decide on the menu. :-? Who else is cooking and/or tasting?

Comments

• bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    Definitely tasting!    Have SWMBO talked into joining me this year and meeting a fellow egghead from LA and his SWMBO as well.  Can't wait
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    We are cooking again this year.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    See y'all there! :)
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    We are planning on attending. Hopefully life doesn't get in the way yet again this year. Looking forward to meeting the people on here.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    First time cooking and so excited.......
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Options
    My wife and I will be Tasters again this year. Last year she said: "I get you!" after a few hours at Eggtoberfest. Not only did she want to come back this year, she asked to go to local Egg related events this summer and has been to 3 around here too.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Can't cook this year wife will be 8 months then. Hopefully can drive down for the day and taste.
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    I hope to be there again this year! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Options
    Congrats @Lit

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    Options
    I missed cook registration cause I was slammed this weekend and completely forgot. Even more pissed cause I can't blame anyone but myself. Put myself on the wait list though. Can't really justify the trip from Chicago if I'm not gonna cook.
    Pentwater, MI
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    I know what you mean, @ShadowNick‌ . I almost didn't get a slot either. Didn't have much of a lunch break at all and I forgot all about it until I got back home from work. Amazing how fast the cooks tix go. :!!
  • gregg204
    gregg204 Posts: 23
    Options
    Brother in Law and I are in. Cooking for first time. Can't wait. Anyone else going to meet and greet?
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Thanks @Hic‌. Disappointed I won't be cooking but it will be nice to get to walk around at an eggfest again. Since I started cooking I haven't gotten to taste anyones food more than a couple eggs in either direction.
  • jmcnutt5
    jmcnutt5 Posts: 88
    Options
    I live about two hours away and really considering going this year as a taster.  How many cooks do they usually have?
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    jmcnutt5 said:
    I live about two hours away and really considering going this year as a taster.  How many cooks do they usually have?
    I think around 250 or so.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    I know what you mean, @ShadowNick‌ . I almost didn't get a slot either. Didn't have much of a lunch break at all and I forgot all about it until I got back home from work. Amazing how fast the cooks tix go. :!!
    Just heard from the Mothership, looks like I'm number 3 on the waitlist, so hopefully it will work out.
    Pentwater, MI
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    @jmcnutt5    There will be enough that you will be stuffed for a day or two    The food is awesome and the ideas you get will be well worth it.. The two hour drive is definitely worth it!!!!!   
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • jmcnutt5
    jmcnutt5 Posts: 88
    Options
    You all talked me into it.  I signed up yesterday.  My wife was even all for it and really excited to go too.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Options
    Went to the N. GA Eggfest earlier this year and had a great time. Really hoping we can fit this one in too!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• stacylynng
    Options
    Is there a place on here to find out when there will be an Eggtoberfest in Northern 
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    I'm making my first trip this year. Really excited about it. Not a lot of obsessed eggheads in Spartanburg SC.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Options

@stacylynng, there is only one annual "eggtoberfest" that is held each year around the Atlanta, GA area; however, there are numerous "eggfests" held around North America throughout the year.  HERE IS A LINK to help you determine if there will be an eggfest near you. 

@Grillin_beers, there aren't a lot of obsessed eggheads near me either.  But there are a handful of us throughout the SC area.  :)  You'll meet some at the eggtoberfest.  Hope to see you there!    

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
  • Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    I'm a new BGE owner and live close to stone mountain. I have never been to one so I asked the wife about going and get response.. no alcohol, no go..

We always went to the chili cook offs for the chili, beer, and music.. Does anyone know if there will be any beer stands? Also, I saw how much it was to register for cooking, but how much is it just to attend and taste?
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Zarcon said:
    I'm a new BGE owner and live close to stone mountain. I have never been to one so I asked the wife about going and get response.. no alcohol, no go.. We always went to the chili cook offs for the chili, beer, and music.. Does anyone know if there will be any beer stands? Also, I saw how much it was to register for cooking, but how much is it just to attend and taste?
    Oh, there are beer stands, As a matter of fact, you will get several drink tix with your admission. Rule #1 to Egging: Crack beer, light Egg.
  • Zarcon
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Awesome to know that beer will be available... Beer and BGE is like peanut butter and jelly.. Its mandatory that they go together.

I read on the website that it was $40 per person.. Is that to cook or is that an actual admission ticket to get in and taste. The reason I ask is because that seems a little steep.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    @zarcon That is the normal admission. Last year they gave you a swag bag full of BGE gear. (ie shirt, koozie, bottle opener, etc.) Plus that includes all the food you can eat,entertainment and I think it was 4-5 drink tix. Not terrible for a full day event.
  • Zarcon
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig Thanks for the clarification. Maybe I can use this as ammunition to persuade her into going :)
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    @Zarcon you can bring your own cooler with beer as well.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    We are a month away, anybody have a menu yet? I think I will do my first Porchetta. 

Johns Creek, Georgia