Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cobia cook

Cymbaline65
Cymbaline65 Posts: 800
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum

Had a nice Cobia filet. Portioned it out. EVOO,S+P and grilled lemon (yeah, it's cliché, but I still like it.) Indirect, 350-375 degrees for about 20 minutes total. Served up with a nice Kale sauté with Quinoa and 'maters from the garden. Good eats for a Monday even though my pics did not do the fish justice.

imageimageimage
In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Looks great.  I really like Cobia.  Thanks for sharing.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @Cymbaline65‌ The Cobia looks great. I really like the side and plating. Nice Job.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Thanks gents. I try to cook outside as much as I can when I'm not on the road. Next week, on the road.
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Looks delicious, I really enjoy Cobia.  I'm jealous.  
    Marietta, Ga
    I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day
  • LongboardR
    LongboardR Posts: 101
    Love me some cobia! Nice!
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    That is awesomeness
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That looks great and very healthy. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• That looks great and very healthy. 
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone. SWMBO and I need to shed a few pounds. Being a road warrior can make weight management a challenge sometimes. She could eat a salad every day and be happy. Me? Not so much. This is our happy compromise.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    It looks outstanding! But where's mine?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Looks great! But never heard of cobia. LOL, neither has my spellcheck!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Sorry @SGH, I'll remember to buy more next time. ;)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @Cymbaline65‌
    I was just messing with you. The food does look par excellent. Solid cook!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Looks great! But never heard of cobia. LOL, neither has my spellcheck!
    The first time I tried Cobia was in Hilton Head, SC and it was caught fresh that morning, . It's a very dense fish and takes to grilling nicely. Very mild like Halibut but 1/3 the cost of Halibut. My local Publix gets it fresh but not all the time...hit and miss. Give it a try if you find it but I hear the season for it is short. I'm always looking for alternatives to Tilapia.
  • Whaler
    Whaler Posts: 110
    Looks great! But never heard of cobia. LOL, neither has my spellcheck!
    Ling, Lemonfish, Crabeater,Black Kingfish, or as the Pier Rats call them "First Shot"

Pensacola,FL