Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nolaegghead vs SGH. SGH wins by submission.

Options

Comments

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    That is a lot of food my good man!!! I guess you do love your oysters. It must be great finally getting to meet some folks that are on the forum. I love to eat but I think it would hVe to be pasta for me to have a shot...
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @anzyegg‌
    Thank you brother. And you are correct it's so nice to meet such good people. I actually just got home. Been over at @Thatgrimguy‌ house. Fixing to do a post on that as well. I have got to meet 3 forum members in the past week. A true honor.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    You and your wife are to kind my friend. We really enjoyed ourselves. Already looking forward to coming back to the French Quarter for another oyster throw down!!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌ where and when is the hog comp in Marietta? I would like to attend (watch and learn).
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • SGH
    Options
    @tulocay‌
    I just hung up the phone with Nola. He is going to call me back with the details and I will post them.

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    tulocay said:
    @JRWhitee‌ where and when is the hog comp in Marietta? I would like to attend (watch and learn).
    September 28th in the square.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JRWhitee
    edited August 2014
    Options
    SGH said:
    @anzyegg‌ Thank you brother. And you are correct it's so nice to meet such good people. I actually just got home. Been over at @Thatgrimguy‌ house. Fixing to do a post on that as well. I have got to meet 3 forum members in the past week. A true honor.
    And just think, a couple weeks ago you didn't even exist!  =))

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌
    You beat me to it. Thanks for posting it.

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    Options
    Your welcome my good friend.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌
    Are you going to attend?

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    Options
    I will probably go and watch and learn, is that the one you are cooking at?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌
    My skills are some what diminished but I'm thinking real hard about making a run at it. If Nola is free and can go I'm going to do it. Just for fun.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @SGH - That Auburn thing isn't a competition - I just talked to them.  They're just dragging the pig cooker into town to party/tailgate for the first game of the season.  Still, could be an excuse to cook some pig and see your daughter....
    I would like to go but don't think I could stomach watching Auburn brutalize and abuse my hawgs.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Hey it's still a good reason to cook a hog. I'm in if you are.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - I might be game.  I can't miss the LSU game though!
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Let me know brother.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - I'll let that slide just because I know you're being jokingly antagonistic. ;)
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    I hear ya brother !

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Not an SEC fan. I'll occasional go for the Gators (no not cheer for them this is purely reserved for The Huskers. :-D) & only when they aren't playing any BIG teams. ;-) My wife is UF alumni.
    The Tide does occasionally gets rolled >:) But, I've gotta give them props they had a good run.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    That food looks totally RUDE! . . . WoW!
  • SGH
    Options
    @SteveWPBFL‌
    Thanks brother. It was spectacular. I had never heard of the place. I have to give credit to Nola for that one! Now that I have been there I high recommend it. The oysters were phenomenal.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    What a awful video!^^^^^^
    That almost hurt brother husker!!!!

Status- Standing by.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I am a little confused on the geography :).  It sounds like the hog cook is happening in Auburn for the opening game against the Razerbacks (aka the whole hawgs ;) on August 30 ).  The hog cook in Marietta (outside Atlanta) is September 28. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SGH
    Options
    I'm considering both if I can find someone to help me. I can't manage it on my own any longer. My hands don't work so well anymore.

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @SGH If you want to come to PA I'm doing another hog cook on the 22nd.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    I would love too my friend. My wife might scold me though for going cross country. Nola is suppose to help me with the carcass for the Auburn game. So everything should be a go. Thanks again my friend. I will make it up your way again in the future though.

Status- Standing by.

• cajuncook
    Options
    "Give me oysters and beer for dinner every day of the year and I'll be fine..." Jimmy Buffett.
    Live on beautiful Lake Hartwell GA
  • SGH
    Options
    @cajuncook‌
    Well said my friend.

Status- Standing by.