Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Florida Lobster Mini Season

Options

Ok guys a couple apologies...I have not posted in sometime and the cook below was not on my BGE as we were vacationing in the keys for Mini Season or as its known down here a Sportsmans. Anyway the lobster were big and most folks seemed to do well. We did managed to bring some home so I will get those bad boys on the BGE sometime soon. Thanks!

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Right on......looks incredible.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Man that looks good
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Options
    I love those grilled lobsters!
    Duncan, SC
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Great meal.  In the beginning of the season, some folks gather slipper/shovel nose bugs, they are smaller and sweeter but not usually available in retail stores as there are not as many to capture.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Florida lobster sweet. Key Lobster sweetest B-). Excellent man! =D> I'll look for the Key Lobster on your BGE :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Sixpack1
    Sixpack1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Ahhh Sh*#t, jealous be belief...
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    No apologies needed. I love seeing cooked lobsters at any time....scrumptious!!
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options
    Although it's been a while, my wife loves lobster on the BGE.  According to her, best she has had. Your cook looks awesome!
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Pass the garlic butta!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Yes please.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • LongboardR
    LongboardR Posts: 101
    Options
    Thanks Guys. The main season opened this week and the reports were good too. I saw some fresh tails in my local seafood market yesterday so its on. One other note, my favorite method is to run shears up the main shell and make two cuts on each side close as possible to the tail horizontally. Then work my fingers on the raw meet and separate from the shell prior to cooking. You can then scrunch up the undershell to form a little pocket. I cook meat down first and then flip em and add butter. When done the whole tail just pops out! Thanks