Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-If i worked for BGE

Just was thinking (have a ton of time on my hands sometimes) that Marketing has missed something huge with the mini max. what that is you ask yourself? If i worked there it would be a small JR. instead of a mini max!.

Just think about it? the mini max is 399.00 and the small is 600.00. so i could market it for like 550.00 for a small JR. but there is no way id pay 550.00 for a mini max. huh....guess I'm bored
1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    If I worked for BGE ... namely the marketing division, I'd design and sell some really cool hoodies and t-shirts and NOT the cheapo China variety, but some good Made in the USA stuff.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    ohhhhh what about a bge cooler shaped like a large.....id buy it
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    SoCalTim said:

If I worked for BGE ... namely the marketing division, I'd design and sell some really cool hoodies and t-shirts and NOT the cheapo China variety, but some good Made in the USA stuff.

I still don't understand why there's not more bge teeshirts.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SoCalTim
    Jeremiah said:

Heck yeah, I can envision Green Hoodies and both short and long sleeved tee-shirts with the BGE logo right on front. I'd buy em'

I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    The only issue I'd have is then every dumbass you walk by would ask, "hey do you have a big green egg?"
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    I would design a Big Green Egg jacket that's a combo of a jacket and backpack.  The jacket will be shaped like a BGE and it'll have multiple compartments around my belly to store lots of stuff.

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    My dork level isn't high enough to allow me to wear a bge shirt or backpack. :))
  • SoCalTim
    BYS1981 said:
    My dork level isn't high enough to allow me to wear a bge shirt or backpack. :))

Myself, i could care less what people think of me. i'd wear the t-shirt
  • tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    Jeremiah said:

SoCalTim said:

There's always big green Craig shirts.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Hey guys...you do know don't you that Ardie who took over BGE from the founder Ed Fisher has a background in marketing and all the changes made since his taking over have been of his doings...call them cost containment, re-direction, marketing whatever you want.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    ive only been asking them for 12 years for a cast iron mini mini mini egg that bolts to the side of the table and opens beers
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Ohhhh now there is a idea...a big green egg hood ornament. ..that would be huge...lol

Clinton, Iowa
  • fishlessman
    Ohhhh now there is a idea...a big green egg hood ornament. ..that would be huge...lol
    and it should be free for those with 15000 posts or more
    :):D
    fukahwee maine

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    ive only been asking them for 12 years for a cast iron mini mini mini egg that bolts to the side of the table and opens beers
    Like this?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Big green bling
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • fishlessman
    Like this?

yes yes, its about time, ive only been asking since 2002
    :)) some one must be listening or maybe just found an acorn
    :)) now if they could send me my free one
    :D
    fukahwee maine

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    and it should be free for those with 15000 posts or more
    :):D

They (BGE) are big into giving. Remember years ago on the old forum ( at he time was the BGE forum). I was the One Millionth post on the forum. I am sure that great prize will hit my mail box any day now. PhotoEgg felt so bad he sent me a box from Dizzy Pig. Just saying, BGE is slow.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    They could choose more wisely who sells their products. The hardware store in Salado is awesome. My dealer wouldn't know a bge if it wiggled on their face.
    Sher-bear went there at christmas to buy me the medium I wanted. The guy kept pushing the small. She got unsure about what to do so she left. Why did he do that? He didn't have a medium in stock.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    You do know there are websites where you can design your own t-shirts, aprons, hats, etc to your own design, even a one-off?  Here's mine:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• RRP
    To this day this is still my favorite denim shirt.
  • RRP
    While we are going off on apparel here is another of my favorite jackets. Besides this one I also have another white one with the same flying egg but in black ink and then my favorite is a black one silk screened in white. The egger who printed these no longer is in the biz.
  • @RRP that one with the winged Egg would make a sweet tattoo!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • RRP
    edited August 2014
    Here is the black one...
    imageimage
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    @henapple, a dealer in Mufreesboro?
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • RRP said:

Jiminy Ron!   To look at that photo, you'd think you was normal or something, lol!  I guess all those rumors about fiberglass gaskets causing birth defects and turning you into a communist aren't true! 
    :))
    The Naked Whiz
  • ive only been asking them for 12 years for a cast iron mini mini mini egg that bolts to the side of the table and opens beers

Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009