Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burning The Midnight Oil (A Treat In The Making)

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
edited August 2014 in Off Topic
11 hrs of O.T. later we have removed the dinosaurs and installed the new units. 4 units roped onto the roof and secured on hurricane stands, 4 sets of insulated copper linesets from roof to units in the store, new electrical with all the terminations and start-up complete.
DQ customers shall have their treats tomorrow (oops today lol). \:D/ imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Mmmm...Ice Cream =P~
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    You need a mini to haul around to those job sites.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    Looks like a quality install..Well done and lucky customers.. =D>
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I didn't know those had outside condensers. Crazy.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @stemc33‌ Our MAX will be here soon enough :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @johnmitchell‌ thanks man. :)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @texaswig‌ Yepper. B-) Some are self-contained air cooled, some w/ remote air over condensing units and some are liquid cooled glycol. The 20 some odd year old unitd we had to remove were on an ancient glycol liquid rooftop unit. We had to terminate that.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Nice job!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I'm sure the remote is where it's at . smaller units, not as loud and doesn't heat up the buildings.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @GeorgeS‌ Thanks! We busted @$$ B-)
    Then I hauled butt to another job for a leak check. Now to get some sleep so I can run some more calls later today. ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited August 2014
    Options
    texaswig said:

I'm sure the remote is where it's at . smaller units, not as loud and doesn't heat up the buildings.

These are double cylinder units. Each side has a 208/230V 3PH 3.5 horse Maneurop compressor, a dedicated 134A compressor for the cabinet, along w/ each side has a 2 horse motor for the beater and 2 mix motor pumps inside the cabinet to pump mix into each of the cylinders. So, each ice cream machine has 2 condensing units. The above items are inside the actual ice cream machine. Edit: Fun fact each unit weighs roughly 800#-900#.

The condensing units are literally a coil, head master control and 2 condensing fan motors.
    And yes, you're correct, the purpose for the remote condensing units is so they don't increae the heat load in the store.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @texaswig‌ Are you in the business?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL you are talking a language I kind of miss. I used to work for a HVAC and refrigeration distributor. We sold a lot of commercial food service equipment. Not ice cream machines but ice machines, reach-ins, walk-ins, air dryers, prep tables, etc.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited August 2014
    Options

@NPHuskerFL you are talking a language I kind of miss. I used to work for a HVAC and refrigeration distributor. We sold a lot of commercial food service equipment. Not ice cream machines but ice machines, reach-ins, walk-ins, air dryers, prep tables, etc.

>:D< HVAC/R Brother. Ya we do HVAC/R, Foodservice equipment both hot & cold (cooking/everything). All commercial restaurant work.
    And we are THE ElectroFreeze/H.C.Duke distributor. And Middleby Marshall ovens distributor.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    I never lived the fun side of it like you though. Not only was I just at a distributor, I was also the software nerd and purchasing agent. But it paid the bills.
    Columbus IN
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Egghead_Daron‌ :-B We need it all. ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Nice work with the avatars!
    Columbus IN
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I know those nights are rough. Just landed a project refinishing 65 tables. Great money but no sleep.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I wish I worked 11hrs of OT, that would put me on double bubble all day today. CAN YOU DIG IT?!
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,363
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ nice work !
    Jacksonville FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Glad you got it complete. Now you can get back to important things like talking to me at 3:00am when everyone else is a sleep! ;). Glad it went well my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @henapple‌ We are hoping to land ALL of the service work on all of this particular Monster petrol company in NEFL & TN (we would be taking it from a much larger contractor so we'll see--I personally think we are a stronger group than this other company based on our depth in experience). We had actually just found out about this job late on Friday. We were able to coordinate our equipment and supplies and the roofing and electrical contractor in that short of a time. The roofers rocked it (out of Lakeland, FL) & had just finished as we rolled up. The electrician showed up at around 1130 complaining like a couple of lil bitches (considering we ran all the wire for them and removed any real physical work). Virtually had to hold their hands. Then they left (at around 230AM) the roof an absolute disaster (we had just did a clean sweep and I had let them borrow my extension ladder so once they finished I went up to do one last look over for tools etc. They literally left all their trash up there and hauled @$$).
    I think the end product looked and functioned perfect. IMHO it has professionals written all over it. Good times :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Thanks guys @Dobie‌ & @SGH‌
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    You are welcome. Glad you are back. Your presence was missed yesterday and last night. Now we can get back to business as usual. Shooting the bull!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• BYS1981
    Options
    Did you retire as an officer from the Navy? @NPHuskerFL‌
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    BYS1981 said:

I wish I worked 11hrs of OT, that would put me on double bubble all day today. CAN YOU DIG IT?!

I hear ya. B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited August 2014
    Options
    BYS1981 said:

Although I came in after graduating college. I was enlisted and did not retire with the USN. I was a refrigeration, electrical, generator mechanic (my NEC 7603 and worked in w/c 910). My wife and I both proudly served. B-) Oh yeah and Go Navy Beat Army! :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • BYS1981
    edited August 2014
    Options

BYS1981 said:

Although I came in after graduating college. I was enlisted and did not retire with the USN. I was a refrigeration, electrical, generator mechanic. My wife and I both proudly served. B-) Oh yeah and Go Navy Beat Army! :))
    Cool, I wasnt sure and I was like..how did an officer get into HVAC? I used to work on generators, but alas I'm no longer in that line of work. And I don't care if the army wins or loses, I was in the air force lol!
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @BYS1981‌ I'm just waking up here. I had to edit the above post. :-)

What do you mean "And I don't care if the army wins or loses, I read in the air force lol!". Meaning you were in the USAF? ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014