Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Murfreesboro's Second Most Famous Son is Coming to Motown!

Fred19Flintstone
Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
edited August 2014 in Off Topic

Who can it be?  This guy?

Nope.  How about this unsavory character on the left?

Trick Question!  They're both @henapple !  Anyway, I said the second most famous son of Murfreesboro and we all know Henapple has made a big name for himself travelling the country, pimping OO and being an all around nice guy.  I'm talking about David Price who is the newest Detroit Tiger!

The Tigers now have the best starting pitching staff in MLB.  The last three Cy Young winners are going to mow 'em down!  Might as well start chilling the champagne!

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    @Fred19Flintstone-For the record, I have been an Oakland A's fan (load 'em up) for likely longer than you have been on the planet.  And yes I am pissed about the Price deal.  Dang, you got us the last two years with the big two and after the A's get Lester (for quite an offensive price -no pun) here you go again.  Beane is "all-in" for this year-gonna be quite the ride!  BTW-I'm sure you know that @hapster is a Tigers fan as well.  And thanks for your recent friggin futility against the halos!  :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • @lousubcap - Your A's are scary and even more so with Lester.  That being said, I'm looking forward to a Tigers - A's match up in the playoffs.  Sorry about pissing you guys off with the Price deal.  OK, that's a lie.  Heh, heh, heh.
    Flint, Michigan
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Sonny Gray is a hometown boy.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Head to head I think I would rather have Price.
    Flint, Michigan
  • lousubcap
    @henapple-and he is the latest of the A's young guns.  I know he will command big $$ and leave the team but that's life in the Major Leagues.  BTW-Murfreesboro is definitely playing above its weight MLB wise. But I'm still not happy with Price and the Tigers.  Regardless, Go A's!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    He played qb at a local high school. Won back to back state titles. His home life was less than desirable. I respect him for what's he's accomplished.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • lousubcap
    @henapple-okay-time to call in the bacon and OO notoriety.   When he leaves the A's-reach out and suggest he revert to football.  Sounds like he  had a focus wise beyond his age.  Always glad to hear of the successes even if someone ends up in Detroit :)>-
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited August 2014
    Will now be interesting. I think after reading way too much on these trades with only one top 12 pitcher my A's have their work cut out for them. Tigers have 3 in the top 12 I think. 
    Like @lousubcap, been an A's fan for years, if we can just bury the Angels.....
    My boys grew up as Tiger fans (local cable company used Detroit feeds for American networks) in the "Bless you Boys" era with Sparky. Tigers always have a spot in my heart, but damn I hope this year is different...
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    The Price is Right! Though they've needed relief and a closer since what, Willie Hernandez? Go Tigers! 
  • The Tiger bullpen has been doing a less than satisfactory job this year.  The lone bright spot so far has been Joba Chamberlain.  It's not good when your closer (Joe Nathan) takes the mound and everyone says, "Uh, oh.  Nathan's pitching."
    Flint, Michigan
  • lousubcap
    @Skiddymarker-I'm all in with the different outcome but may have to do the deal with the devil to get rid of the halos.  Can't believe how this is playing out.  Makes for lots of late nights (EDT) and very challenging AM's.  But that's the fun of vicarious living thru baseball. Go A's and have a great BGE day!

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @lousubcap - one of the few advantages of living in the Pacific time zone, for some noon hour starts, I'm watching baseball while still getting through my cornflakes. For eastern zone folks must be a **** hitting the rack at 1 or 2 in the morning....Go A's. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • West coast night games suck big time for us in the Eastern Time Zone. Unless it's the playoffs, I hit the rack way before the game ends. It was sh!tty when the Red Wings were in the Western Conference. A fella could get fired showing up work still tipsy!
    Flint, Michigan
  • lousubcap
    edited August 2014
    Dang-this thread is more fun than most on the forum.  Unless we get into the "Who's di-- is bigger topics."  Some serious fireworks there-but when you go submerged and undetected then all is fine once the air is cleared.  Go A's!
  • lousubcap said:

Dang-this thread is more fun than most on the forum.  Unless we get into the "Who's di-- is bigger topics."

When Henapple is drunk, he brags that one of those bacon packages is a real package with body paint. I moved and sat next to Steve after that.
    Flint, Michigan
  • lousubcap
    You know what they say...Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from poor judgment!"  Good call :)>-
  • lousubcap
    Shameless bump to catch the late night baseball fans and anyone else who crawls along :)>-
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Anyone have some eye bleach they can send me?