Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reverse Strips, first time go (Pic Heavy)

Options
GalanteNate_OneEa
GalanteNate_OneEa Posts: 967
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
So I gave in.  Had some family over and figured I'd do some NY strips.  Thought the reverse sear would be a good method for keeping the strips at the right temp, and I was right, even though the strips were approximately 13oz but varied in size,.they all got to temp (115F) at the same time.

I rinsed and patted them dry.  Then spritzed with EVOO and coated with a home made rub, salt pepper garlic blah blah blah.

Then onto the egg they went @ 250F dome.  Didn't take too long to hit temp.  Since I was looking for 130F as the final target, I pulled @115F.

I then got her rockin' up to about 550F, thanks to @Big_Green_Craig getting my plate setter lifter to me the transition was easy and painless lol.

I seared four @ a time to optimize the hot spot of the coals.

In no time dinner was served for eight, with little variance it final temp.  Pretty good way to keep control of multiple steaks.

Topped with a pad of compound butter, as per some advice, turned out delicious. 

Best compliment I received was looking across the table at eight empty plates!

Comments