Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fajitas tonight on the small

Cookinbob
Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
Watching a movie last night I got the urge to do fajitas, so went back through my forum bookmarks for some ideas.  I seasoned a NY Strip and a chicken breast with Penzeys Fajita seasoning (it was a freebie if you get their catalog), and grilled them raised direct.  While they were cooking I rolled out and cooked a batch of flour tortillas (thanks for the recipe @Hoov).  Peppers and onions in a CI skillet, then threw the meat back in for the finish.    Served with homemade salsa, grated cheddar, sour cream and some Siracha.  Sorry no plated pics but this one hit the spot.
XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
Rochester, NY

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Wow, the skillet of meat and veggies looks great! Gives me inspiration for next week's lunches! =P~
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Looks incredible brother. Excellent job.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Cookinbob
    Steak was too well done but leftovers will be lunch tomorrow. Fresh homemade tortillas really took it up a notch too.
    Rochester, NY
  • jmarbs21
    jmarbs21 Posts: 139
    That looks really good! Nice job
    Durham, NC
  • Hoov
    Hoov Posts: 264
    Looks great! Glad to hear the flour tortilla recipe worked out for you.
    - Proud owner of a Large BGE
    - Norman, OK
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    =D> Did ya do the tortillas on the egg too? Looks great!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Excelente!
    Is your SBGE new?
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Cookinbob
    stemc33 said:
    Excelente!
    Is your SBGE new?
    The SBGE is about 3 weeks old, and thanks to a lot of travel, this was only the 3rd cook on it.  I will fire it up again today.  I am really liking it.

=D> Did ya do the tortillas on the egg too? Looks great!
    I did the tortillas inside on a griddle while the meat was cooking, I wanted them fresh and warm to serve.  Only issue was that I was unable to monitor the temp of the meat, and the steak ended up on the well side of medium, though the chicken was perfect.  On the other hand, when I tossed it in the skillet with the veggies, I took away any chance for medium rare.
    Rochester, NY