Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Back Ribs - First Time

Options
Pleasantly surprised at how well they turned out. 5 hours on the Egg.
XL...Round Rock, TX

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Those look great! Did you use any wood for smoke? I really like that BBQ sauce too.
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    Nice cook. 5 hours at what temp? Foil or no foil?
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • marianneiamele1
    Options
    OK. So indirect...had trouble keeping it at 250 where I wanted it. It was around 275 most of the time. I put them on a grate for about 3 hours then I put some margarine and brown sugar on them and wrapped in foil for about an hour. Then back on the grate and put BBQ sauce on 2 times for the last hour.
    XL...Round Rock, TX
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    Thanks, again very nice cook.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • marianneiamele1
    Options
    @Dyal_SC‌ no I didn't get that far and I actually bought some apple wood chips. It's a challenge right now being a newbie...just trying to figure out how to go about all of this...will definitely try soon. Do you live in TX? The Salt Lick is about 5 minutes away...but after this cook, I'm not sure if we need to go there anymore :)>-
    XL...Round Rock, TX
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Well it looks like you're off to a nice start! :) As my handle indicates, I'm in SC, but my good buddy @Griffin‌ sent me some Salt Lick Sauce in the past, plus I've visited TX a few times. :)
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Your soon going to find out that that food you used to go out for doesn't taste quite as well as it used to

I'll eat BBQ out occasionally but not much pretty much never order a steak anywhere just can't find any place that can compete with a steak off my egg

And I'm not a chicken eater at all but now spatchcocks are a staple in our house and wings now I will go out for wings sometimes but usually there more for the beer than the wings :)
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • marianneiamele1
    Options
    @llrickman‌...well said, I totally agree!
    XL...Round Rock, TX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Excellent cook. It looks incredible. Nice job! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Welcome to the forum Nice job on the ribs. You can look forward to many more cooks with your egg. Food done on the egg tastes so good!
    Large, small, and a mini