Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For Hapster. Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf stuffed with mashed potatoes & cheese.

Comments

• Friends listen to "Endless Love" in the dark!

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    You killing me brother husker!!!'

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    How about that meatloaf my friend?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• I love it. Never been meatloaf fan but I'm gonna try it. I hate onions, though, so I'll probably grate them up.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    @nolaegghead‌
    We have a few things in common my friend. We both can cook. We like Copenhagen. And we like rattling folks cage. Can't wait to Sunday my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @SGH‌ dude. Gotta be honest the said pic in question...it sorta did at first glance look like fuzzy mold growth. Looking at closure it's not. And I'm pretty certain one would not post a mold experiment on here ;-). This ain't trying to stir the pot but, I saw it too. It's all good brody B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Dont know what happens sunday but I'm gonna be jealous if it involves you riding in that porsche.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    You can add or substitute any of the ingriedants any way you want. This is just the basic recipe my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @SGH - correct as usual.  Looking forward to Sunday and some Dragos Oystahs.  I talked to my buddy down the street - we may want to drop by his place - he's a helluva cook.  He's the guy that did the competition circuit for years.  You need to see some of his cutting boards.  And his pig cooker.  I welded a big gurney for him that he uses to cook and transfer the pig to the serving board.
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    If you say it looks like fuzz. Then I confess. I didn't think anyone would notice. It was fuzzy clod. I won't let it happen again. ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @nolaegghead‌
    It would be our pleasure to meet him. Sounds excellent.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @nolaegghead‌
    Is his hog cooker a single, double, triple, quad or a "split" cooker?

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @SGH‌ :)) lol. Dude. Come on. I said at first glance. And to be fair nobody in their right mind would do a 30+ hr cook and post a moldy sub par product. I'm not saying that's what ya did. It was one pic that lighting played tricks with. :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    @SGH - it's one of those Meadow Creek trailer smokers.  6' long cooking surface.  Nothing as massive as your 4xPig contraption.  He also has a Primo.
    @nolaegghead‌
    Primo oval?

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    And that does look like meatloaf to me.  The mashed potatoes looked a little like fat, but on closer inspection, mashed potatoes.
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    I was just messing with you brother. My attempt at "humor". It never seems to work though. You and I are in for bad weather this weekend if the forecast is correct . I hope it's wrong.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Yep, that's the one.   He used to have a BGE.  He knows the Primo owner, I guess he got a good hookup.
    @nolaegghead‌
    Those ovals are nice to say the least. I look for BGE to release one when the patent expires. Watch and see.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    I think these are the remaining ones.imageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @Meatgravy‌
    You are to kind my friend. Thank you.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    I still love ya man. No harm no foul.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @JWF‌
    Here is the bacon that I use my friend.image

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @hapster‌
    There it is my friend. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Hope it was what you wanted.

Status- Standing by.

• That is a meaty cheesy bacon wrapped masterpiece @SGH‌. Bravo sir! =P~
  • SGH
    @ChillyWillis‌
    Thanks for the kind words my friend. I'm glad that you enjoyed. Just a note: they really are excellent. You should whip one up when you get the chance. Again thank you.

Status- Standing by.

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,569
    I just doubled my statin dose...Awesome the cross section pic with the potato and cheese oozing out is the money shot. Fantastic cook..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Outstanding! ^:)^  Another one on the list to try!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    So that thing weighs like 10 pounds is that correct? @SGH‌
    NW IOWA