Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For Hapster. Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf stuffed with mashed potatoes & cheese.

Options

Comments

• jmarbs21
    jmarbs21 Posts: 139
    Options
    Man that's going to be good!
    Durham, NC
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Oh mmmm gggggg. That is crazy. +1 on the splurge. We try to do good most of the time. But about once a week we do something not so healthy. This is it for me. Many favorites in one cook. What would be wrong is not posting the finished product and specific instructions. Definitely a wifey out of town, have the boys over for dinner dinner.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    For the meat loaf.
    3 Raw eggs.
    1 large white onion diced.
    1 large green bell pepper diced.
    1 1/2 cup of crushed Italian Garlic buttered croutons.
    1/3 cup of Worcestershire
    1/3 cup soy sauce.
    6 pounds ground beef. I prefer 70/30 for meatloaf. Doesn't dry out as bad.
    Salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
    1 pound of Colby Jack or American or cheddar cheese. They are all excellent. Or for a real treat combine all three cheeses but you need one pound however you decide to do it.
    1 pound of mashed potatoes.
    I'm going to presume a few things. First that you know how to mold a hollow meatloaf. Second that you know how to make mashed potatoes. If anyone needs instructions on these I will be glad to help later tonight.
    For the cook. Because it is stuffed and real dense In the center I cook these at 275 degrees for 1 and 1/2 hour to let the meatloaf firm up and "set" if you will. After 1 and 1/2 hour I bump the egg to 325 degrees for the remainder of the cook. This helps to firm up the outside as well as to crisp the bacon. If you have any questions I will gladly answer them later tonight. Hope y'all enjoy. Pics may not be in order. Sorry if that's the case. This turned out excellent my friends.imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Some more pics.imageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    edited August 2014
    Options
    One more in honor of @hapster. ;)image

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @hapster‌
    Hope you enjoy my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options

@SGH

Looking good!

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• SGH
    Options
    @hapster‌
    One last thing. I made the 8:00pm dead line as I promised.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That looks delicious.   Kind of reverse Sheppard pie. Well, not really but the potatoes are a nice touch. 

Copenhagen - where's the pants ring - front pocket, back pocket...? 
    Options
    Very cool bud. That's a meatloaf that even "Randy" wouldn't mind eating :@)
    Mommyslittlepiggy: http://youtu.be/KNNpydUfduo
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Thanks brother. Actually the snuff ring is on the front and back pocket as well most of my shirt pockets!!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Thanks brother husker. Where were you last night? Turned in early?

Status- Standing by.

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Ok. Enough w the e-language. OH MY GOD. That looks insane. You're my new best friend. Yes I can mold a meatloaf and mash taters. But Dayummm. I never seen notin like this. And I'm from the Deep South. Nice job dude.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @SGH‌ ‌yep. The midnight burning oil thing is cool every now & then. But, this heat wave is crazy and good rest is much essential.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Brother I would like a honest and intellectual opinion. I ask you because you are a excellent cook and your knowledge is superior to most. Look at the photo and tell me honestly is there any way that you could confuse the slice of stuffed meatloaf with clod with fuzz growing on it. I humbly await you response. Thanks in advance my friend.image

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @ksmyrl‌
    Thanks man. Glad you enjoyed it.

Status- Standing by.

• SJ21XDC
    SJ21XDC Posts: 235
    Options
    Very well done sir!  I just ate and this makes me hungry!  =D>

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Wow, you're a piece of work. =))

I glanced at the pic, not knowing nothing about your meat loaf and saw something strange. I actually thought it was a dry looking slice of unpulled clod. Similar to what is on the left.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • jmarbs21
    jmarbs21 Posts: 139
    Options
    After the 1 1/2 hr cook and temp increase, how long did it take to finish?
    Durham, NC
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    I'm sure he has a pig for a pet then ounce it gets to market size .................. well you know the rest :) looks good to next time you should add cream corn to the mashed potatoes the you could have a revers shepards pie
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • SGH
    Options
    @jmarbs21‌
    About another 50 minutes give or take a little. I took the internal to 165 to ensure the stuffing was warm and the cheese well melted.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options

SGH said:
    @nolaegghead‌ Brother I would like a honest and intellectual opinion. I ask you because you are a excellent cook and your knowledge is superior to most. Look at the photo and tell me honestly is there any way that you could confuse the slice of stuffed meatloaf with clod with fuzz growing on it. I humbly await you response. Thanks in advance my friend.
    @SGH @Cazzy - Hahahaha....I'm not getting in the middle of ya'lls lover's quarrel. 
    Options
    Awesome cook! A Copenhagen man myself. Can't do the generic.
    Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
  • SGH
    Options
    @cajunduck‌
    Thank you my friend.
    @nolaegghead‌
    I hear ya brother. ;)

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Que "Endless Love" =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • JWF
    JWF Posts: 26
    Options
    @sgh, how much bacon is that? Does it go all the way around or just on top? Thanks!
  • SGH
    Options
    @cajunduck‌
    Agreed my friend. It's either Copenhagen or nothing for me! Glad I'm not alone brother.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    ENDLESS LOVE, Diana Ross & Lionel Ritchie: http://youtu.be/qnfwnOp6uek
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - For me it's Copenhagen Snuff.  Nothing compares except I played pool with some guys from Copenhagen once at the Half Moon in New Orleans....they had some stuff they don't sell here that was even better.  They make little balls with it and put it between the cheek and gums.  Strong stuff.  Looked for it but never could find it.  Very similar to Copenhagen.
    Options
    @JWF‌
    It does fully encircle the meatloaf. It took 2 and 1/2 pounds for this one my friend.

Status- Standing by.