Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

charcoal smell

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
edited July 2014 in Off Topic
The wife cooked tonight...I was helping Jake mow. Came out to finish a Woodford and stick and someone had the Kingsford going. Still smells good. Sentimental.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Every time the neighbor fires up the Weber with Kingsford and lighter fluid it brings back childhood memories.
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I think you're becoming senile, old man.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    Every holiday weekend when all the amateurs come out who only cook 3-4 times a year on something other than an oven or stove, I smell the scent of fluid-doused briquettes wafting through the trees. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    KennyLee said:
    Every holiday weekend when all the amateurs come out who only cook 3-4 times a year on something other than an oven or stove, I smell the scent of fluid-doused briquettes wafting through the trees. 

Yup...first the petro smell and then someone saying "don'tchajustlovethesmellofbarbeeque?hic"
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Kingsford Nasal Nostalgia. I think we all have it and most have good memories or we'd probably not be cooking by fire.
    Just think, every time we use our BGE's, we are robbing our kids of those great Kingsford memories. Shameful. The only memories they'll have are of you $#!+ talking briquette burners.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming