Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New discussion of Mini-Max

jaydub58
jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
I called my local dealer today about if the mini-max was really going to be a fact or not..  The gal I spoke to had no idea of what I was asking about.
She took my phone number so she could call her distributor and let me know what she found out.
About 10 minutes later, she's back on the phone to me; her dist. says it is set to be released in "early October".

They have my name !!!!.
John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon

Comments

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    I called yesterday and they said "end of August, first of September". 

Needless to say, I think everyone is in agreement that it will arrive "sometime in the fall".

~X(
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Jaydub I have my name on the first one also but have 90% changed my mind. I have all the toys for my Mini and it works really well for me with all the stuff.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    What price did they quote you guys?

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    EGGjlmh said:
    What price did they quote you guys?

I was not given a price.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Looks to be about $450 but have not heard anything firm
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490

i am not giving up hope for a late august delivery but I won't be surprised if it takes until the fall.  I will reevaluate if we get into mid October and crickets are still chirping.

BGE's marketing dept really needs to be able to get the BGE production department to communicate with them BEFORE they show a new product to the market at an event

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Its going to be more than $450. I bet closer to $550 since it is coming with a stand supposedly.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    NPHuskerFl just got his for 400 with a bit of discount before getting credit for his nest and mates. I'd put money on 450.
  • DixieEGG
    DixieEGG Posts: 27
    I would think that even with the baby legs in the pics, it would have to stay below the retail of the small (by itself) which is currently $559.  Again, these are retail numbers and who pays retail?!?!

It is crazy that the MiniMax is on the advertising literature they gave me to display, but sure isn't on the price list!!!  
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629

NPHuskerFl just got his for 400 with a bit of discount before getting credit for his nest and mates. I'd put money on 450.

Now we just need delivery to dealers. ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    @NPHuskerFL‌ Wait so you have yours?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    @Jeremiah‌ No I wish. I am "paid in full" for the Max and first on their list. But, I'm no different»»» waiting on delivery to my dealer.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Lit
    The mini with nest retails at like $430 right? So the mini max is going to be only $20 more? I doubt it but we'll see.
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Gest like a bunch of tightwads...who cares what it costs....there is a new egg coming soon...and ya all want one...
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Gest like a bunch of tightwads...who cares what it costs....there is a new egg coming soon...and ya all want one...

OK I get where your name comes from. Where do I get a Mr Egghead inflatable.....
    Jacksonville FL
  • badinfluence
    Just call your dealer and tell him you want one. He can call his bge rep and hook you up. And don't let them bone ya 2600.00 is what he cost. Now they do make a 20 foot tall one for about 4000.00 but that is like really weird wanting a 20 foot Mr egghead.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • NPHuskerFL

Trust me the day I get it it's getting fired up. Hell I might light it in the parking lot on my tailgate in the spirit of things. I wanted (want) so bad I made sure I paid early. That way if they are in limited supply I'm good to go. :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • badinfluence
    @NPHuskerFL‌ oh yeah my dealer already has my order with the distributor when he heard about them

when asked how much he said "what do you care?"...yeah good point I'm getting one. :D

Clinton, Iowa
  • NPHuskerFL
    @badinfluence‌ yep. That was pretty much how it went down :))
    Handed them the $$$ They gave me a receipt with full page print for MiniMax Paid In Full.
    I have no regrets and I don't even have it yet B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Dobie
    Now they do make a 20 foot tall one for about 4000.00 but that is like really weird wanting a 20 foot Mr egghead.

Can I just rent yours?
    Jacksonville FL
  • badinfluence
    Oh it won't be cheap. :D

Clinton, Iowa
  • plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    @Lit lol  meanwhile our Jr's are cooking fools probably will have a year of cooks on them before we even know price on MM.
    Beaufort, SC
  • Lit
    Yes love my KJ. If what others are saying is true about a $450 price range I may still check out a mini max but really happy I got the Jr.
  • plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    after the screen issue was resolved, i am quite happy with mine. It stays at firehouse mostly and I cook a butt a week on it and spatch birds....pretty much all the meals i eat come from it at work 

Beaufort, SC
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234

after the screen issue was resolved, i am quite happy with mine. It stays at firehouse mostly and I cook a butt a week on it and spatch birds....pretty much all the meals i eat come from it at work 

Are you still using the original gasket? Does the stock grate make into a raised direct grate?
  • NPHuskerFL
    Spoke directly to the MotherShip today. It will be soon. Very soon.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Dobie
    @NPHuskerFL‌ I look forward to your reviews on it.
    Jacksonville FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    @Dobie‌ The gentleman in the customer service dept Dwayne explained he has cooked on the Max and said getting to 700℉ is effortless. This will be the first egg that will ship as a self-contained unit. Ie all the ceramics and even the nest in one pkg. Pretty cool. I'm super stoked to get this one. B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Lit
    I spoke to the mothership a day or 2 ago and they said 6 weeks. I may cruise down there and ask Terry face to face. @dihtn‌ the KJ comes with a triangle shaped device that raises the grate to gasket level. It also comes with a pizza stone that slides into the triangle shaped thing to go indirect as well as a stand with handles.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    I called my hometown dealer today and they didn't know what it even was. They said they would do some checking.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx