Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best BBQ in texas

Options
2»

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Waiting with CenTex makes the wait even shorter. Especially when he pays  ;)
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Not yet but beer girl is the devil- just got inside and crazy ur right pork ribs so no worries. How is the turkey
    Greensboro, NC
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I didn't get the turkey when I went. Brisket, sausage, ribs, and pulled pork. Ate 1 rib and used a little pork to taste his sauces. Tore up 3 lbs of brisket with 4 adults. Rib was good, but like CT said, nothing you couldn't get somewhere else. S&P with oak was tasty though. I haven't giggled that much since childhood when I picked up a slice of flat and made it "bounce". Holy crap that was good.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Wolfpack said:

Not yet but beer girl is the devil- just got inside and crazy ur right pork ribs so no worries. How is the turkey

I liked the turkey! Get a few slices. Won't blow your mind buts good.

photo DSC_6073_zps82f382cb.jpgphoto DSC_6074_zpsef220cbe.jpg
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    Options

I didn't get the turkey when I went. Brisket, sausage, ribs, and pulled pork. Ate 1 rib and used a little pork to taste his sauces. Tore up 3 lbs of brisket with 4 adults. Rib was good, but like CT said, nothing you couldn't get somewhere else. S&P with oak was tasty though. I haven't giggled that much since childhood when I picked up a slice of flat and made it "bounce". Holy crap that was good.

Yeah man...what impressed me with Franklins was his flat. The point was what I expected it to be.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I hear the spaghetti is good too. Do not waste space on smoked lunch meat. The turkey is like the salad bar at Fogo de Chao. Waste of space. I will say it one more time: Brisket, Sausage. Repeat.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • cazzy
    Options
    I hear the spaghetti is good too. Do not waste space on smoked lunch meat. The turkey is like the salad bar at Fogo de Chao. Waste of space. I will say it one more time: Brisket, Sausage. Repeat.
    LOL

I'm eager to try his in house made sausage.  Apparently that will come later this year.  
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    No A A-Ron
    Greensboro, NC
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    wolfpack is in a meat coma right about now. Did anyone warn him about the "meat sweats"? it is a known condition that comes from eating at FranklinBBQ. Also, tomorrow, you will smell like brisket when you shower. It's not pretty but it will happen.

I ate there with an older guy from LA in December. He said he took a steam the next morning and had to leave because he stunk the entire steam room up with brisket funk coming out of his pores.

Good luck

You say that like it's a bad thing.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• cazzy
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    No A A-Ron
    That was the case with me during my first visit.  Bummer.  
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    Holly he'll- that was good.
    Greensboro, NC
  • cazzy
    Options
    Wolfpack said:

Holly he'll- that was good.

So good he met Holly.
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    Centex- I will pm u
    Greensboro, NC
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Got it. Gracias.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    Didn't make it last trip but doing Killen's BBQ for lunch- lines not too bad.
    Greensboro, NC