Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chicken Wing Lollipops How-To Video (found on the interweb)

@Henapple asked how to shape lollipops from chicken wings in Official Chicken Wing Throwdown Post.  I though I would just post it up here.   I found this video which was quite helpful:

You can start at about 2:30 to jump to the examples.  A really good tip is how he does the "wingette".  Bend back the tip and the bones will pop through, then cut the tip off.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·

Comments

• LegumeLegume Posts: 2,051
    excellent - thanks for posting
    Austin, TX
    ·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 10,352
    Thanks for the share. Should be able to do this on the egg too. :-)
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,376
    Of course it can be done on the egg ;).  

I should also give a shout out to @Dyal_SC. He was the first I saw do these:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • NDGNDG Posts: 1,186
    Impressive - thanks for the video post - I gotta try the lollipop wing soon. 

Every time I buy wings I think about experimenting - but I cant.  My cravings for a crispy grilled wing with spicy buffalo sauce (post dip in blue cheese) is just tooooooo strong!
    Columbus, Ohio
    ·
  • MeTedMeTed Posts: 392
    @SmokeyPitt nice find on the video it is on the list of things to to try.Thank you
    Belleville, Michigan
    ·
    @NPHuskerFL posted this in another thread and I thought I would post it here as well.  It's a slightly different technique. 

·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 10,352
    @SmokeyPitt‌ Yes Sir. I found this method both quick and simple.
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
    @SmokeyPitt‌ Yes Sir. I found this method both quick and simple.
    Thanks for posting it- it does look easier- he is letting the knife do most of the work.  

·