Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSWoo2

Options
2»

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I knew I could have cut the spider off my woo and saved the $25. That would have made more sense, instead I sold it for $55. Bad move in hindsight but like my rig and less clutter.
    Seattle, WA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @DMW‌
    I cut mine off with a pair of bolt cutters. It took about 15 seconds total to cut it off.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I just used a cut off wheel on my small grinder

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    thanks to all for responding.  It is greatly appreciated.  

To answer a couple questions.

The large Woo has evolved over the years, going from a simple way to raise the grid to working with the platesetter and finally, latest additon, working with BGE's cast iron grid and/or platesetter.   

On the large PSWoo, we first offered a PSWoo2 and PSWoo3.  The PSWoo3 included a spider.  The general consensus from users was they preferred the spider separate, so we discontinued the PSWoo3.  We also received a number of request for the Woo to work with BGE's cast iron grid, so we came up with the PSWooCI.   If you haven't notice, the PS is for Platesetter.  

The name Woo comes from Woodoggies.  Woodoggies was a forum member from way back.  We designed and fabricated the first Woo for him, so we named it after him.   

thanks again for all the support.  

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    @tjv its great to have industry folks of the forum. I'm looking forward to using my Woo.
    Jacksonville FL
  • HDmstng
    HDmstng Posts: 192
    Options
    Here is another cool item you may want to consider, the PSWoo platform.  This thread got me thinking if the spider could be used with the oval stone or if I could get some sort of cross bars for my PSWoo2 to hold the oval stone.  Assuming it'll work with the large oval stone (TJV?) for brisket and ribs, those maybe my next two purchases for the Egg.  

• NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    Options
    That makes sense now  :) I love my ar and wish I would have know about it before I got my plate setter :(
    Aurora,OH
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    HDmstng said:
    Here is another cool item you may want to consider, the PSWoo platform.  This thread got me thinking if the spider could be used with the oval stone or if I could get some sort of cross bars for my PSWoo2 to hold the oval stone.  Assuming it'll work with the large oval stone (TJV?) for brisket and ribs, those maybe my next two purchases for the Egg.  

Yes, the platform is designed to hold the oval stone in the PSWoo for long meat cooks.  
    t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • B&BKnox
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    Options
    Had my PSwoo2 since it first came out and absolute love it. Usually cook for two so have no need for AR.  The woo is fabulous.  Love that adding smoke wood is easy.  Going from indirect to direct is a piece of cake and if doing two ribs double fold some HD foil over the small exposed area and that will keep the ribs from burning .  Steaks, roast the meat indirect then pull the woo where the spider and small CI have been sitting to reverse sear your steaks (extra accessories I own).  Just love this piece.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
  • Dobie
    Options
    Mine will be here tomorrow. Getting ready to find out what so many here already know.
    Jacksonville FL
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    How do you determine which spider you need ( 3legs vs 5legs)?

Little Rock, AR

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    I purchased a Woo 2 a month ago. It works great for me...
  • SGH
    Options
    Count the slots on your fire ring my friend. It will either have 3 or 5 knotches.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Read my above^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    SGH said:

Count the slots on your fire ring my friend. It will either have 3 or 5 knotches.

So the spider sits in same notches that your platesetter does?

Little Rock, AR

• B&BKnox
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    Options
    generally yes, but you can place it just on the ring to get 1 inch or so higher above the fire if needed,

Be Well

Knoxville TN
  • Dobie
    Options
    FedEx already delivered, now what to cook first? Ribs tomorrow, need something quicker tonight.
    Maybe yardbird. Looks cool with the grate at the felt line, this is how they should come from the factory.
    Jacksonville FL
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options

How do you determine which spider you need ( 3legs vs 5legs)?

If your fire ring has notches for a platesetter you need the 3 legged spider. Older LBGEs don't have notches for a PS but have 5 dimples instead (& would use the 5 legged spider)
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Thanks guys. I ordered pswoo CI and a 3 legged spider. Gonna try those out before deciding on AR.

Little Rock, AR