Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Southern Illinois EggFest

Hey Guys. Wanted to let people in my area know that we are hosting the 1st Annual Southern Illinois EggFest this year. It will be in Columbia, IL on September 27th. We have Large Big Green Egg demos for sale with major discounts. If you don't have anything goin on that weekend, come see us. Here is a link to our EggFest website with details on how to purchase a demo egg.

http://chrissonn23.wix.com/so-ill-eggfest

BGE Dealer and EggHead since 2013. Find our company on Facebook
Large BGE
Waterloo, IL

Comments

• ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    ChrisgrillsSTLMO Posts: 397
    edited July 2014
    Any information on what cooks will be done, what type of instruction sessions will be presented?

Cheers,

Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • ChrisSonn23
    ChrisSonn23 Posts: 280
    Still in the early stages so don't know exactly what our cooks will be cooking. We hope to have a few competition teams and then past Egg buyers will be there cooking as well. As far as instruction, our rep, Jeff Raymond, will be there cooking, He is a wealth of information. He will not hold a cooking class, but he will be there cooking and to answer any questions you may have.
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    What is the price for a demo egg and what will it include?
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • ChrisSonn23

What is the price for a demo egg and what will it include?

We have a couple of different options. PM me for details
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • ChrisSonn23
    We will have a XXL Grill on display as well. I would say it is worth the trip just to see this monster! Also if anyone else is interested in Demo Eggs, there are limited supplies available.
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    We will have a XXL Grill on display as well. I would say it is worth the trip just to see this monster! Also if anyone else is interested in Demo Eggs, there are limited supplies available.
    Will the XXL be for sale or is your wholesaler just letting you borrow it?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ChrisSonn23

RRP said:
    It will be for sale
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • RRP

RRP said:
    It will be for sale
    and the asking price is...
  • ChrisSonn23
    Right around $4,500 which includes the Grill, Nest and Plate Setter. I can't wait to actually see this thing in person. The Plate Setter alone has to be the size of a small round card table!
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • ChrisSonn23
    But we will probably have some sort of deal on it for the event.
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • badinfluence
    If you want to see the xxl before the eggfest just stop by my house :D

Platts Etter is about 40 or 50 lbs by itself
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • ChrisSonn23
    If you want to see the xxl before the eggfest just stop by my house :D Platts Etter is about 40 or 50 lbs by itself
    Wow I see all your toys in your signature now. Why so many? Competition cook?
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • badinfluence
    I do competition cooks but I am more just a Hobbie st who cooks for the nebo hood too.

I also like the option when I need multiple temps I have all bases covered.

Clinton, Iowa
  • ChrisSonn23

I forgot to mention that this EggFest is also very close to St. Louis. We are about 10 minutes from the JB Bridge!

Also, one of our employees plays in a pretty good band. Was wondering your guys thoughts about having a band play? I initially thought it would be a good idea, but now I am thinking it will take the attention away from the event.

Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • I will be there! I think the band would be a nice addition. It would be another attraction to bring people in to see the BGE event. Plus it is always nice to cook to a good soundtrack!
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    The elusive mini-max may even be there by then.
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • ChrisSonn23
    I hope so. Our distributor is telling us they are getting them in October. So I don't expect to see one until November.
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • The mini-max is for sure elusive..I have heard things from June to late August all the way into November. I am not sure BGE even knows when they will be out. I would love to see one though
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    I see you will have large eggs for demo and sale, any other sizes?
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • ChrisSonn23
    Jstroke said:
    I see you will have large eggs for demo and sale, any other sizes?
    No other sizes will be available. We will have specials running on other size Eggs.
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • Dang, I used to live in Cahokia,IL back in the 70's 
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • RRP
    The mini-max is for sure elusive..I have heard things from June to late August all the way into November. I am not sure BGE even knows when they will be out. I would love to see one though
    For a teaser here's the tiny guts of it...note the relative size referenced by that ball point pen.
  • wow, that guys is small, but would be perfect for tailgating! Thanks for the preview! Is that one for sale? :)
  • RRP
    wow, that guys is small, but would be perfect for tailgating! Thanks for the preview! Is that one for sale? :)
    That picture was taken by a dealer who saw it in April at the show out West when it was announced.
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Count me in, I've been waiting for an Eggfest closer to home. 
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • ChrisSonn23

byrne092 said:
    Count me in, I've been waiting for an Eggfest closer to home. 
    Awesome! Let me know if you'd like to cook
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • Will there be an official registration for cooks, or will you just accept as many that arrive that day? Will there be a cost to enter?
  • ChrisSonn23
    Will there be an official registration for cooks, or will you just accept as many that arrive that day? Will there be a cost to enter?
    There is no official registration for cooks. But we do encourage anyone who is interested in cooking to contact us so we can get a gauge on how many cooks will be there and how many Demo Eggs will be available. We will have early check-in the day of the EggFest for cooks. Cooks get in free but anyone else it is $10 admission fee or $25 for a family. We are donating all the proceeds to a local charity.
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • Awesome! Can't beat that!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Before or after party? Alcohol permitted? Location? Rednecks welcome?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN