Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

National Chicken Wing Day 7/29!!

Options

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Idk. Brings home the bacon and leaves me alone to fend for myself for weeks at a time? Kidding. She just moved to a new company. Don't know exact title but sales and marketing for a high end bedding company now. I do know Cabela's is one of her customers now. For some reason that fact stuck with me.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    OK, mine's done and posted.

@Griffin your mention of beer is a good idea...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Griffin said:

Idk. Brings home the bacon and leaves me alone to fend for myself for weeks at a time? Kidding. She just moved to a new company. Don't know exact title but sales and marketing for a high end bedding company now. I do know Cabela's is one of her customers now. For some reason that fact stuck with me.

Okay. I just wondered why she traveled so much.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Got mine up. Need to work on my plating / photography skills.  Blackberry wings sounded amazing in my head and they were amazing in my mouth. But the pics are kind of - meh...
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Thanks to @griffin. This is pretty neat, and much needed as this forum was getting a little strayed.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Griffin
    Options

@DMW I should have made beer (or a drink) a requirement.

@Eggcelsior she goes to trade shows twice a year. Atlanta, Dallas and Vegas are the big ones. Her new company doesn't go to Frankford, Germany unfortunately. Sometimes she goes to some of the other shows. She's done LA and Colorado and even one time went to Toronto where a fellow Egger met up with her and sent her home with some La Bomba.

@Jeremiah thanks, but you should also thank @Little_Steven It was his question about making it a throwdown that got it started. Been too long since we've had one. Bet some of the newer guys didn't even know what it was or that we used to do it (both here and on the other forum)

Rowlett, Texas

• Griffin
    Options
    @saluki2007‌ the great thing about doing wings when the wife is away and she gets mad, you can do them again when she gets home. Looks great.

So while we're all eating wings, Mrs G is in her way to try out Giada's new restaurant on the strip. Think she'll actually be there cooking? =))

Rowlett, Texas

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Thanks @Griffin
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Griffin
    edited July 2014
    Options

Well the Throwdown is off to a good start. Some really great entries so far. You still have until 11:59 tonight (7/30) to post up pics of your cook.

Some early votes are in and it looks like @Mickey is leading so far, but voting doesn't end till 7/31. I did take a look at the Likes and it does appear that some people have Liked more than one entry. Since that is how we are judging this, if you are one of those people, you need to go back and unlike the multiple entries and just vote for one person. Otherwise, I'm going to toss out all of your votes. I don't want to name names here... 

[-X

Rowlett, Texas

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    @Griffin-technical question:)  Does a turkey wing qualify for a chicken wing contest??? :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Griffin
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @lousubcap we're gonna allow @Mickey to have his turkey wings. You have seen the picture of what happens when he tries to grill chicken wings, haven't you? :))

Rowlett, Texas

• Griffin
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt might just have won the internet with his bacon wrapped chicken lollipop wings. ^:)^

Rowlett, Texas

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Griffin said:

@saluki2007‌ the great thing about doing wings when the wife is away and she gets mad, you can do them again when she gets home. Looks great.

So while we're all eating wings, Mrs G is in her way to try out Giada's new restaurant on the strip. Think she'll actually be there cooking? =))

I wonder if the waitstaff enunciates as well as she does.
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    @Griffin I have to agree the bacon wrapped lollipops looked pretty dang good! Dyal's looked pretty tasty too though.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Thanks @Griffin and @Egghead_Daron. They turned out pretty darn tasty. I agree that Dyal's looked off the charts.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    Options
    And we can only vote once?!   :-O
    This is going to be extremely difficult . . . I want a plate with 3 of each for breakfast! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Griffin said:

@lousubcap we're gonna allow @Mickey to have his turkey wings. You have seen the picture of what happens when he tries to grill chicken wings, haven't you? :))

We have to cut old people some slack. The turkey probably looked like a big chicken if he had his reading glasses on.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    caliking said:
    We have to cut old people some slack. The turkey probably looked like a big chicken if he had his reading glasses on.

Keep in mind I had ask and was granted permission from The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander, Sultan of said Wing Contest. And as my friend @caliking‌ said: @lousubcap we're gonna allow @Mickey to have his turkey wings. You have seen the picture of what happens when he tries to grill chicken wings, haven't you?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Griffin
    Options
    Actually, I said that @Mickey And he did ask for permission first and it was granted. By me. The Unofficial Wing King.

Rowlett, Texas

• llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    well after two long days at work i was to exhausted to do wings last night. Got em in the fridge to tonight will have to be my National Chicken Wing Day
    :ar!
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • Griffin
    Options
    llrickman said:
    well after two long days at work i was to exhausted to do wings last night. Got em in the fridge to tonight will have to be my National Chicken Wing Day
    :ar!

As long as you get any pics up before 11:59 tonight (central time) you can still enter.

Rowlett, Texas

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Actually, I said that @Mickey And he did ask for permission first and it was granted. By me. The Unofficial Wing King.

Just thought your title was a little short for this 1st Annual National Wing Contest. Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander, Sultan of 1st Annual National Wing Wing Contest. Just has a ring to it ~:> well that or hEAD cHICKEN pLUCKER.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Griffin
    Options
    It does have a nice ring to it. Changes have been made to my sig.

Rowlett, Texas

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @saluki2007‌ the great thing about doing wings when the wife is away and she gets mad, you can do them again when she gets home. Looks great. So while we're all eating wings, Mrs G is in her way to try out Giada's new restaurant on the strip. Think she'll actually be there cooking? =))
    I wonder if the waitstaff enunciates as well as she does.
    I swear she has more teeth than a normal person... Looks like a row of urinals when she smiles. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • saluki2007
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Google Image Giada, was not disappointed.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Griffin
    Options
    I once pointed out on this forum that she has a big head. Somebody said "She has a head?"

Rowlett, Texas

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Griffin
    Options

Rowlett, Texas

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Google Image Giada, was not disappointed.
    Should have threw NSFW on that one... Geezz but Wow! 

@Griffin, I see you Googled Giada meme too!  Lol.. Those are hilarious. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • saluki2007
    Options
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL