Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large BGE Pricing

Options

What should I expect to pay for a Large?  I got a large about a year ago as a gift   - a spectacular gift from my lovely wife,   But now I absolutely, positively have to have a second one.

I'm in Eastern PA - I don't know if that affects pricing.

And what kind of nest is best for it?   My current Egg is in a table but it won't accommodate a second Egg.  Also, I like the idea of the Egg not being in close proximity to the wood of a table so I can feel safe doing pizzas and other high-temp cooks.

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA

Comments

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    If you can find an Eggfest anywhere near you, contact the dealer putting it on and try to buy a demo egg. It'll save you a little over the retail prices.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    800 to 1000

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    I just saw a large in a nest on sale at ACE hardware for $899.  I got mine at a Egg Fest for $679.  Just the LBGE,the nest, grid lifter, and bag of charcoal.  No Platesetter or Tablemates included.
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    i think at last years Salado EggFest a Large/nest/platesetter was around $750....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    Options
    I paid $1000 for PS,nest and Large BGE out the door at lanchester (gap,pa) there was another dealer in west chester and I think his price was similar. I think both would have been willing to negotiate a bit, but I didn't bother and I just bought it :)

Aurora,OH
  • HAWKCARL
    HAWKCARL Posts: 63
    Options

I think I gave $850 for a LBGE, plate setter, nest, ash tool, grid lifter, and bag of charcoal.

It was at the Iowa State Fair, where all vendors offer "State Fair Specials".

• CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    I paid $900 for a Large 'package' in the spring as part of a pseudo-egg fest - Large, PS, Nest, ash tool, grid tool, Bag of BGE Lump, BGE starter cubes.

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    Local dealer sells a Lrg and the complete package for $840. This includes nest,mates, grid & ash tool, bag of lump & chunks, fire starters.  Might be a stretch for a road trip tho,lol
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Here in sc/ga you an get one with NOTHING included for $699.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Since were on the subject - does anyone know the going rate on a small egg?
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.