Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg back in action with Flounder and Tilapia

Options
2»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @TexasBelliott‌
    Thanks brother.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Cheese potatoes on the egg just because. I thought why not.imageimage

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    looks to good to eat naww go head eat it 
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • SGH
    Options
    @cook861‌
    Thanks man. Here they are complete and ready to eat!!image

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @SGH do you find the Pyrex becomes discolored from being in a smoker? I have been tempted to try but didn't want to suffer the wrath of SWMBO. So I have stuck with disposable foil pans.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    As long as I run at 300 or less I don't have any issue at all. Above 300 and it's a crap shoot my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    The whole cook looks fabulous, very nicely done sir.

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'd eat that!

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    That is the only way I cook flaky fish unless it's in a CI skillet. Most awesome cook!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Mattman3969‌ @YEMTrey‌ @EGGjlmh‌
    Thank you for the compliments my friends.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    Agreed my friend. Even though this is my first cook on the lemon/lime bed I can say without question that I prefer it over the planks. I absolutely love the flavor that the lemon/lime combination imparts to the fish.

Status- Standing by.

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Looks good @SGH‌ . I've been wanting to try the whole fish on a bed of lemons thing for a while now. While my daughters here on hiatus from her fishing village, I figured I would just wait on the fish. She'll be back in fishland soon and I'll try it then.

@DMW‌ , before I got my cast iron, I'd use glassware on the BGE. Never really noticed any discoloration, but then again, I was cooking stuff that was basically smokeless. I know smoke is always present, but I meant a clean fire as opposed to smoke barreling out.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    Options
    @stemc33‌
    Give it a try my friend. I was very pleased with the results. I will be doing it again for sure.

Status- Standing by.

• CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    Sorry if this has already been asked but what was the temp and how long?

I like the cooking on lemon/limes idea,never thought of doing that.

Looks very tasty!

Jamie.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • SGH
    Options
    @CANMAN1976‌
    I cooked at 425 degrees. The time varied as the pieces were of different thicknesses. Some of the thinner ones finished around the 12 minute mark. Some of the thicker ones took up to 20 minutes . Turned out excellent though. Thanks for the kind words.

Status- Standing by.

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Thank you @SGH and @DMW.  My fish repertoire has been limited to Cedar Planked Salmon and Cod and veggies in an Aluminum pouch.  This looks like a winner!  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • radamo
    radamo Posts: 373
    Options
    Looks like a nice cook idea... thanks to @DMW and you @SGH for re-posting...

Long Island, NY
  • SGH
    Options
    @jhl192‌
    You are welcome. I'm always glad to help.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @radamo‌
    You are welcome. Thanks for the kind words.

Status- Standing by.

• SJ21XDC
    SJ21XDC Posts: 235
    Options
    That looks incredible!  Nice job =D>

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN