Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Calzones - Buffalo rolls

Options
robnybbq
robnybbq Posts: 1,911
Decided to try something different. Wife made dough in her bread maker. When I got home from work I lit the egg and got it to 350. Coated some thin chicken breasts with Cajun spices and cooked on the egg to 160. Let the chicken cool while I inserted the ceramic indirect stone on the egg and the pizza stone raised high on top of the adjustable rig and extender.

Once the egg got to 450 I started cooking.

Buffalo rolls
Diced the chicken breast tossed in buffalo wing sauce
Spread out some dough and place some chicken, crumbled blue cheese and shredded mozzerella cheese. Folded the dough over and Egg washed the tops of the rolls.
Cooked on egg for ~15 minutes.

Also made a pepporoni roll with sliced pepporoni and fesh mozzerella and other rolls with premade turkey meatballs(we had them in the fridge) with fresh mozzerella and tomato sauce. Cooked these for ~15 min as well. Used parchment paper for the first 5 minutes of each cook to not stick to the stone.

These came out good. And will make them again. Sorry no pics of the meatball ones as they did not come out pretty looking but they were good.

Garnerville, NY

Comments