Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

General Tso Pork on the Mini BGE (pix)

Options
2»

Comments

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    That's a good looking meal there @Dyal_SC‌ I always enjoy seeing your cooks! Keep up the good work. Geez Ponder way to post the constitution.
    NW IOWA
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Time to make some popcorn
    Jacksonville FL
  • ponder
    ponder Posts: 77
    Options
    @Dyal_SC‌ your posts? These are your property? You seriously think that because you started a thread in a public forum that it is yours? And you think that I need your permission to post something? To say something? What about think something? My goodness. I had no idea. Tell me what is proper and correct please...yeah, you're right, you didn't use foul language. But hey, I was on a roll.
    Bloomington Springs, TN... LBGE, charcuterie, winemaker, cheesemaker, experimental plumber and approximate carpenter. Selective misanthrope and budding retrophrenologist.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    He's referring to @hdumptyesq 's comment with the f bomb and a bomb , @Mattman3969‌ . He just misread the comments I guess. :)
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    And btw, Mattman, I never edited anything vulgar. Not my style. :)
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    @Mattman3969‌ Looks like someone is on a three day binge! =))
    NW IOWA
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @ponder Really? Your defending someone who made a racial slur, your rant goes on about how Dyal doesn't know anything about the poster  maybe you or the poster don't know anything about dyal. He simply asked him if he was going to make racial slurs to stay off his posts. Seems like a legitimate request to me. Your rant makes a lot of assumptions about someone you obviously don't know at all, I have met Dyal and can tell you first hand that you are way off base about the reasons for his taking exception to the slur comment. Take a Pill dude.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited July 2014
    Options
    How was the sauce? (Decided to leave the racial junk alone)
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • speleoegg
    speleoegg Posts: 67
    Options
    @Dyal_SC awesome cook, i always watch your posts closely as the cooks are always top shelf.  This one is one of your best.  Thanks for sharing.

1 Large BGE, 1 Keg & 1 Joe Jr

Ajax, Ontario
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy‌ , that's what I would prefer as well. :) The sauce is great! Give it a go. You can get it in most grocery stores in my neck of the woods.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I'm just learning Asian style cooking. Got my wok up and running, now just need to practice and learn. How did y'all do the rice? In a skillet or a wok?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    My wife makes the fried rice inside. She uses brown rice. We usually serve it with a more healthy protein though. :) But every now and then you gotta splurge. She starts by sautéing some chopped onion and garlic in EVOO. Then adds in cooked brown rice, thawed peas and soy sauce. Then an egg towards the end.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @ponder  

Great looking cook.  Can't wait to try this one.  You are REALLY making me want to bust out the oil and start frying more often.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Rock on Dyal SC. thanks for sharing.
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Dyal_SC‌
    How was the Iron Chef sauce? The food looks incredible.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    I just googled "oriental" and "sideways." I hope there is another explanation than the racist one I found. If not, please keep your comments to yourself and off my posts. Thanks. But I hope there is something I'm missing.
    Well, I just googled the same thing.  I was expecting maybe something about slanted eyes, boy was I wrong.
    I fully understand and agree with you taking offense at Hdumpty's post.  That was just plain rude and uncalled for.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    That looks great!