Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My dealer Rocks

Called a few weeks back as since I have the SS table I don't have much use for the nest or eggmates. I'm going to bring them back and they're giving me an in-store credit. I personally thought this was a way cool thing for them to do.
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Yep, that's an awesome dealer. Put that credit towards another egg.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    DMW said:

Yep, that's an awesome dealer. Put that credit towards another egg.

Read my mind! Thinking of applying it toward the Max that I've got my name on the list for. ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Sounds like the kind of folks that I like doing business with. That was good of him.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Here I am now, can you take this?

My wife thinks I'm stupid, but the Max is contagious.
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Nice... always good to hear about good customer service! Especially with us Egg fans that are bound by law to buy more eggs and accessories.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Called a few weeks back as since I have the SS table I don't have much use for the nest or eggmates. I'm going to bring them back and they're giving me an in-store credit. I personally thought this was a way cool thing for them to do.
    WOW, my dealer is the excact opposite of that//...Oh, I am with every oneelse, put it toward another egg!

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    That's how a good dealer wins a customer for life.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    @NPHuskerFL‌ rub it in rub it in... My dealer sucks. He makes my cell provider look good though.
    NW IOWA
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Philly35 said:

@NPHuskerFL‌ rub it in rub it in... My dealer sucks. He makes my cell provider look good though.

Damnnnnn that's bad.
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Philly35 said:

Sprint?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Philly35 said:

I actually like my cel provider. & to be honest I wasn't sure they would do it, after all it is used. But, he's going to put it all on a display egg because they do move a lot of eggs here. Is your dealer the only one near you? I've had real positive experiences w/ mine so they are my go to guys.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496

I actually like my cel provider. & to be honest I wasn't sure they would do it, after all it is used. But, he's going to put it all on a display egg because they do move a lot of eggs here. Is your dealer the only one near you? I've had real positive experiences w/ mine so they are my go to guys.
    I don't think we move all that many eggs (or ceramic grills in general) out there in my neck of the woods, but Im doing my part to educate any who will listen!

I have converted both by son and his wife as well as my  daughter and her husband... and a lot of other people who are yet to actually come up for the purchase.

A good dealer and experience goes a long way toward promoting a product such as the egg. They aren't inexpensive but boy are they a great value 
    :)
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • NPHuskerFL
    @mcmac‌ I post a lot on my FB and I've converted a few myself. Now I'm working on converting my friend (neighbor 2 houses down) to the BGE. He's a likely candidate. B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    They are the only dealer near me. It's a corporate chain store and they don't know squat about eggs. When I put my egg together, the back of a couple acorn nuts broke and when the stock gasket finally fried, I went in to talk to them. They said its grade 5 hardware, go buy some. And they have an egg at the county fair every year, (they always cook brats, as low and as long as they can, usually all day, indirect) and it's the one time a year they use it. They said they've had their egg three years and have never had a problem with the gasket. When I asked for replacement parts, they didn't believe me that they were under warranty and we got into it, then they finally made a phone call and apologized. Said I'd have to take photos and give to them, they'd have to mail them to corporate and wait to hear back, then they would contact me. I sent an email to corporate and had parts in three days. Haven't been back since. There's not a lot of eggers in this area. That's for sure.

An my cell provider is Verizon to make things even worse... Lol
    NW IOWA
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2014
    @Philly35‌ sometimes an egg dealer is educated by their own eggers. I say this because at the last demo myself and an egger from the Atlantic Beach area were asked to help them on some upcoming demos. But, customer service is customer service. And who better to promote the egg but, an actual egger. Talk to your dealer. Business is about relationships.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2014
    I was going to start a new thread entitled "Rate Your Dealer On A Scale of 1-10"

Let me start by saying for me honesty and integrity are as important in my professional life as it is in my personal life. That being said my dealer (Nathan) had spoke a few weeks back. I had asked if they would consider doing a trade/credit for my used (10 almost 11 months old LG nest, eggmates and grill grate nest holder. So, I was there the other day to get some outdoor odds & ends. Ran into Nathan and he says "ya bring the items and we'll work something out". So, I did just that a few days later. After BS with him awhile he explains the credit would be ideal for BGE items.

Now keep in mind my nest was still in show room condition as was the grate holder. Eggmates not so much as they got scratched up in my shed while storing them.

I digress. I say you know the Mini Max would be pretty cool as a second egg. He proceeds to give me the price which I felt $399 + tax was reasonable. I said okay. As of now he has not given me the "credit" total. I'm thinking maybe 50%-65% of original price considering they're used and he's just gonna put them on a floor model egg.
    Hands me my receipt. He gave me full face value in the credit. I paid the balance and I'm "paid in full" for my Mini Max. I didn't think it could get any better but, then I asked...could you get some RW? Click click click on the computer. Sure no problem. Picked it up yesterday. Now for delivery of the Max ;-)

What's my point. Business (well good business at least) is based on relationships. Who has two thumbs and is their customer for life? This Guy That's Who.

Not a great pic but, here's the RW I got from Ace Hardware in OP, FL (thanks Nathan) B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Awesome and unheard of on the retail level. Thanks for getting Rockwood local for us.
    Jacksonville FL
  • caliking

@NPHuskerFL - that's a wonderful example of fantastic customer service. Nathan apparently realizes that you are worth way more than the store credit for your stuff, as far as advertising goes :)

And the Mini-Max price is pretty damn good. That's cheaper than a mini around here!

• NPHuskerFL
    @Dobie‌ ya man! These guys are truly awesome and have went way over and beyond what most dealers would. I mean seriously it's not like I'm @badinfluence‌ with a plethora of eggs I bought there. I have the LG that's it. But, soon enough the Max \:D/
    I've been shopping here close to 20 yrs and this place still has familiar faces which is refreshing because that tells me they treat their employees fairly.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    My mini was $399 no stand. That's a great deal so is that the mini max price when its released?
    Seattle, WA
  • NPHuskerFL
    caliking said:

@NPHuskerFL - that's a wonderful example of fantastic customer service. Nathan apparently realizes that you are worth way more than the store credit for your stuff, as far as advertising goes :)

And the Mini-Max price is pretty damn good. That's cheaper than a mini around here!

Same identical price for the Mini w/ them. Why on earth would I do that? It was a no brainer really. Can't wait to cook at home and at the beach w/ it. I'm so stoked! :-D
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • caliking

Dude, I was trying desperately not to give in to the hype about the MiniMax, but if its priced like a mini...

I. Might. Just. Get. One.

(I'm weak like that ) :D

• NPHuskerFL
    SkinnyV said:

My mini was $399 no stand. That's a great deal so is that the mini max price when its released?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the price will likely vary region to region. My price was nest included. Which if you've seen the pic it is a table nest w/ handles similar to an egg carton.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    caliking said:

Dude, I was trying desperately not to give in to the hype about the MiniMax, but if its priced like a mini...

I. Might. Just. Get. One.

(I'm weak like that ) :D

Not weak. Smart shopping B-)

I was really just looking for the mini myself but, after speaking to @cazzy‌ I agreed I'd be best suited with a Max. Has surface area of small and is totally portable at 68#
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    @caliking‌ not the best pic but, you can see the nest/carrier. image
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    . Not a great pic but, here's the RW I got from Ace Hardware in OP, FL (thanks Nathan) B-)
    Nice pic!  I see they ordered 5 bags......who got the other 3?
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Very nice. Honesty and integrity are paramount to me as well. Much more important than the lowest price. It's why I won't do business with certain companies despite the better "deal". I might leave my mini at the beach and get a max for home. Good work.
  • NPHuskerFL
    @stlcharcoal‌ I think they're gonna try some at the demo this weekend (doing one every Saturday right now). When I get a lil more $$$ I'll buy one or two more. As it sits I still have 40# or so of WGWW and now 40# of RW. He (Nathan) wants to see if local eggheads will purchase it. Before he starts buying it by the pallet. @dobie @fusionhq‌

There are quite a few eggheads out here but, very few on the forum.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    @stlcharcoal‌ before this all they had available for purchase was BGE brand and Cowboy. And with the competitive price vs BGE brand I would think they'll have great sales opportunities and success w/ the RW. Just my opinion.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2014

Very nice. Honesty and integrity are paramount to me as well. Much more important than the lowest price. It's why I won't do business with certain companies despite the better "deal". I might leave my mini at the beach and get a max for home. Good work.

:-? So, which beach ya gonna leave that Mini at.
    :-\"
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014