Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

National Chicken Wing Day 7/29!!

Options

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    HEB early for Turkey Wings
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just got wings out of the freezer, hope I can get them thawed in time.
    Asked my 10 yr old son if wings sounded good for today and he grinned and said yes. Haven't asked SWMBO, she's upstairs getting ready. If she doesn't want wings, I have pizza dough for her.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @DMWPut them in cold water in the sink they will be defrosted in a couple hours.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    @Mickey will definitely win biggest wings...if there was a category for that. :x

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• DMW
    edited July 2014
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    @DMWPut them in cold water in the sink they will be defrosted in a couple hours.
    Yep, that's what I'll do around lunch to get them thawed.

Also, just talked to SWMBO. She says, "You're doing pizza too, right? Wings aren't enough"

I like the way she thinks.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Griffin
    Options

Need some inspiration?

50 chicken wing recipes

31 chicken wing recipes

Damn. Thinking about changing my mind on what I'm doing tonight. Fish sauce? Bacon? Cheese? Hmm. :-?

Rowlett, Texas

• Mickey
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I think I just over-loaded my butt (Mini in this case). Two Turkey Wings. Not going to change Eggs! Coffee Rub. imageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    This is a Sangria day. And this is the one I like best. image

• Griffin
    Options

Looking good @Mickey. Don't forget to post a final pic HERE so people can vote on it.

Rowlett, Texas

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    My wife is eating thighs. I'm doing wings!! I'm excited I have some really good ideas.

How does it work. Do you post pics of the entire cook or just plated?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Griffin
    Options
    Oh, I'm not a stickler for rules. You can do the entire cook if you want. Including any prep if you want. Or just the final pic. Post a recipe and directions is you want to help others out. Or not. This is all just in fun and a last minute thing, its not serious. I just noticed that today was wing day and Little Steven asked (whether in serious or not) if I was calling a throwdown. Which we haven't done here in forever. So hopefully we'll all see a bunch of great wing cooks and everybody will follow the rules and just vote once and we'll have a Wing King. Or Queen. King sounds better, but whatever. Hey, maybe whoever wins can put that in their signature line. I'd love to be able to put Wing King down in mine. :D Hell, I might do it anyway. >:)

Rowlett, Texas

• Mickey
    Options
    Very good lunch. Thanks Griff. Rub is coffee and a 50/50 mix of: image Turkey Wings. imageimage

• Griffin
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Looks great @Mickey and I appreciate the inclusion of tater tots.I knew you would be a definite contender. Now go post it on the Official Chicken Wing Throwdown Post so people will be able to vote on it. (I'm trying to keep this post for comments and the other one strictly for pictures so it doesn't get all cluttered up with comments and it's easier to see all the entries and for people to vote on it.

Rowlett, Texas

• Mickey
    Options
    Done. ~:> ~:> ~:>

• Griffin
    Options
    Thanks @Mickey. You are the first entrant. Somehow I knew you would be. Retired life must be grand.

Rowlett, Texas

• DMW
    Options
    Dang @Mickey
    Sangria, Wings, and tots for lunch. I had a re-heated take-out egg roll...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Mickey
    Options
    DMW said:
    Dang @Mickey
    Sangria, Wings, and tots for lunch. I had a re-heated take-out egg roll...

Sucks not to be retired and Wife at Daughters in Dallas.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Those look great @Mickey.  I need to hurry up and get retired!  Turkey wings, tots, and sangria for a Tuesday lunch! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Griffin
    Options
    Makes the salad I had for lunch look sad.

Rowlett, Texas

• Thatgrimguy
    edited July 2014
    Options
    HAHA, I did the same thing Griffin.  lol

I really hope I can pull off my idea and it look/taste good!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @Mickey comes out of the gate strong! :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Options
    caliking said:
    @Mickey comes out of the gate strong! :)

It's not like I don't have anything important to do. Got to love retirement.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Well crap.  Tonight is my bachelor night of the week and I was planning on doing some turbo ribs since the wife doesn't care for ribs.  She would kill me if she knew I made wings that night she was gone...but since she doesn't check the forum she will never know  >:)
    Eat the evidence. All of it.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    @Mickey‌ The wings look amazing!
    GWN
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    If you tell me when national tater toy day is I will be impressed.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    edited July 2014
    Options
    TUTTLE871 said:
    National Tater Tot Day is Feb 2nd.   :D

(I cheated by googling... but only because I am excited about the tater tot competition!)
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Got my ingredients together....

• Griffin
    Options
    TUTTLE871 said:

We've discussed this before. Geez.

Rowlett, Texas

• Griffin
    Options
    Yard has been mowed, ingredients have been gathered, sauce has been made, egg has been lit and more importantly beer has been opened.

Rowlett, Texas

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @Griffin‌ what does your wife do again?