Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoking a turkey breast

Options
Fired up the BGE with Fogo this time. Using some apple wood chunks from a old tree we trimmed. The Maverick is reading 39deg so far. I guess it will be done around 4-5 ish. Smoked turkey breast is one of my favorite things to egg.

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Agreed. Love turkey on the egg
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Not showing temp, but I do whole spatchcocked turkeys in less than 90 mins at 400 raised direct.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Can't wait to see pics. I'm with @Mickey. Don't see the need for low and slow with poultry. You can still get the smoke you want, but it doesn't really benefit from the low temps and time like a brisket, butt or ribs do that need it to break it down.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Mickey said:

Not showing temp, but I do whole spatchcocked turkeys in less than 90 mins at 400 raised direct.

Never looked back after my first bird this way. Chickens too. Did two turkeys this way for thanksgiving last year. Delicious. Unbelievably moist.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I'm at Moms house. No egg. Kettle or oven only. Cooked a coffee rubbed pturkey breast in her oven yesterday... Mighty tasty!! Spatched a chicken on the weber last week. Also very good, but man, it sure is easier on the egg!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut