Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Salmon

LegumeLegume Posts: 191
Costco had some nice wild sockeye filets today, so I coated one with Yoshida's and the other with Tony Chachere's and some mango habanero dust.

I put them on direct, flesh down @ 500 dome for about 4 minutes, then raised direct, skin side down until they started to pull from the skin. Brushed one with Yoshida's, the other with melted butter/rub mix while cooking. Both turned out really well, nice and moist inside with a very slight crust.

I've burned too many salmon filets cooking direct, skin side down, raising them up helped. In the end, I think the Tony's was just a bit too salty for the salmon for my taste. I'll have to find something that has that bite with less salt. Any suggestions?
Austin, TX

Comments