Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Raging Maple Mahi Mahi

Options
dgroce10
dgroce10 Posts: 17
edited July 2014 in Seafood
Tonight, I used a clone of this recipe to grill some Mahi Mahi I purchased on sale at Publix this weekend. I bought frozen, boneless, skinless Publix-branded Mahi-Mahi filets and thawed them over night.

When I got home from work, I seasoned them all over with Dizzy Pig's Raging River Rub while my LBGE got up to about 450. I also mixed 1/2 cup of maple syrup with two teaspoons of soy sauce for the glaze and set that aside.

I cooked two filets direct at about 450 for five minutes, then flipped. After about two minutes, I added the glaze to one side, then cooked for another minute before flipping onto a plate and applying the glaze to the other side. I checked to make sure the internal temp was above 137 and it was between 140 and 150 throughout.

The recipe I linked to recommends BGE Kodiak River Rub, but I had Raging River on hand and used that. I think it turned out fine. I probably shouldn't have cooked that extra minute after I applied the glaze, as I think the temp got a bit too high.

We ate these fishies with some orzo, veggies and a baby kale salad. I highly recommend trying this recipe out! Next time, I'll try it with some fresh fish.
Daniel
Smyrna, GA | LBGE owner since Jan. 2014

Comments