Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Paralyzed and still Egging!

Comments

• DMWDMW Posts: 5,409
    Thanks for sharing. Glad to have you here.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA
    XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser
    ·
  • Love this thread. I think @caliking should come mod out your chair. I can see some side tables, beverage holder, tool hooks etc. that guy has skills.

·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,413
    Inspiring. Great looking food. My kind of eats. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • DonWWDonWW Posts: 258
    I think @caliking should come mod out your chair. I can see some side tables, beverage holder, tool hooks etc. that guy has skills.
    Cool ideas.  #1 would be beverage holder.  I have developed skills at holding them between my legs.  Would have to be detachable as I break down my chair to get it into my car for driving.
    XL BGE.  Dallas, Texas.
    ·
  • #1 would be beverage holder...this can be done

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,412
    Don,
    A hurdle well over come! More power to you!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • yellowdogbbqyellowdogbbq Posts: 311
    The food on the grill looks amazing!  Thanks for sharing your story.  Keep egging and please continue to share your cooks. 
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 2,674
    Way to go.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos
    ·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 351
    This is the best post I've read in a long time. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
  • HDumptyEsqHDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Things like this make us appreciate every God-given day. Well played.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,419
    Bravo! Both you and your egg look very happy. 

I used to make it up to Dallas pretty often when  my sister lived there, but not so much for the past year or so. Let me know if I can help you with my redneck skill set, and I'll see what I can do :)

As far as the drink holder goes, you should maybe look for a boat cup holder because they usually include a gimbal mechanism of some sort to keep the drink level while in motion. 

I bought this one for my large EggCrate. It can be unclipped from the mount so that may serve your purpose.

An alternative may be one used for strollers. Detachable, but  it may be too deep for cans.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,941
    Great attitude Don! I looked up Transverse Myelitis and saw that some recover. Is that a possibility in your case?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Hokie_SmokerHokie_Smoker Posts: 444
    Very inspirational @DonWW!  Keep up the great cooks and outlook on life.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • SGHSGH Posts: 11,443
    Sir you are a true inspiration for others. It's good people like you that make the world a better place. I'm thrilled that you keep pushing forward and turning out great cooks. Wish you the best of luck my friend and may God bless you and your family.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    ·
  • THEBuckeyeTHEBuckeye Posts: 914
    Egg on with your bad self! 
    Suwanee, GA
    Large Egg, Platesetter, PSWoo2, Spider, 13" CI, BGE Pizza Stone, Lodge 7 qt DO, Lodge Skillet
    ·
  • Brisket_FanaticBrisket_Fanatic Posts: 1,387
    God Bless and keep on egging!
    NW Iowa
    ·
  • MeTedMeTed Posts: 349
    Thank you my brother for posting the story and the pics, both, are an inspiration!
    Belleville, Michigan
    ·
  • llrickmanllrickman Posts: 498
    Thanks for sharing Don. Makes me remember on a day like to day when i come home tired, grumpy, hungry and pissed off its not that bad

God Bless you man keep on egging !!!!
    One LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
    ·
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 861
    Keep on egging friend! Keep on egging!!!!
    Biloxi, MS
    XL / Small

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
    ·
  • xiphoid007xiphoid007 Posts: 275
    Good for you to not let anything stand in your way, not even paralysis. You are and inspiration to those around you!
    ·
  • FarbuckFarbuck Posts: 266
    Don you are an inspiration.

Enjoy the food, the wine and the friends.  That's what makes life living

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
    ·
  • I only have two words: in. Spired.
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,268
    Good for you. Nothing, but nothing keeps a man from his egg.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • I'm digging that boat cup holder caliking posted. I'm thinking a stemless Reidel will fit in that nicely. And it clips on and off.

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,941
    DonWW said:
    Great attitude Don! I looked up Transverse Myelitis and saw that some recover. Is that a possibility in your case?
    And to Ladeback69

Some do - almost completely.  Some do, but only limited.  My case was, as my Dr. puts it, a "whopper."  It's possible, and I am always optimistic.  At this point, I am waiting for my spinal cord to either regenerate or compensate.  TM is unpredictable.  Some folks start recovering after 3-5 years.  So, in the meantime - - I cook great food, I drink great wine, and I surround myself with great people! 
    Dude, My FIL has progressive MS. He now has limited use of his right hand and head and that is about it. He is like 68 and the most happy man I have ever known. You seem to have a similar outlook and that is wonderful. My total respect sir!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,797
    Thank you for your story. If I can ever do anything from Salado for you please call on me. Please join us in Salado this March.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • DuranglerDurangler Posts: 471
    Love it!
    =D>
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,903
    Bump for pure awesomeness. Your story is amaze balls!!!
    Just a hack that makes some **** BBQ...
    ·
  • dgroce10dgroce10 Posts: 17
    Too cool! Thanks for sharing, Don.
    Daniel
    Smyrna, GA | LBGE owner since Jan. 2014
    ·