Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Paralyzed and still Egging!

DonWW
DonWW Posts: 424
Hi folks.  I was hit with Transverse Myelitis December 2012 and it left me a T4 paraplegic (middle of the chest).  I had lots of concerns and issues to work through, one of them being: how will I manage my XL Egg.  We moved it closer to the back door and then removed the wheels to drop it down about 3-4".  That's low enough so I can now lift the top, remove/replace the grill, and manage the lump inside.  I need help refilling the Egg with lump or if I am doing a low and slow as the placesetter is to large for me to manage.  Otherwise, I am good to go!! 

We had friends over Saturday night.  The menu consisted of ABTs, filets, and beautiful sockeye salmon.  Steaks were coated with Kent Rathburn steak/chop rub. 

I grabbed this shot as dinner went on. 

Note the different cap on top.  I replaced the daisy wheel with this device.  It makes it much easier for me to manage the top venting, I can easily spin it which opens/closes the vents. 

Cheers,
Don
XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.

Comments