Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Cook...

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I purchased my LBGE yesterday and it will be delivered and set up tomorrow...since it's a Christmas gift I don't want to cook on it till then...what should I cook? A turkey? Ham??? I just don't know...suggestions? I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait till Sunday...I think I can I think I can :O)

Comments

• Kinger
    Kinger Posts: 147
    Options
    I would pick something with a high success rate. Do you have any eggcessories to go with it? Searing steaks would be a great option but you should check out "the naked whiz" website and read about flashback. www.nakedwhiz.com The egg is an awesome cooking tool but you have to be very careful. Enjoy your new egg!!!

JNK
  • Seattle Todd
    Options
    Arlene,[p]For your first run I'd recommend steaks, keep it simple the first time. Check out the TRex method that's all over the board. Really good example of the difference between Egg-grilled and 'other'-grilled food in flavor difference.[p]Todd
  • ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    Arlene,
    My first was burgers and chickens breasts. They came out great in no time at all. Since then, you name it , I'v cooked it.

• Woody
    Woody Posts: 45
    Options
    Arlene,[p]I agree with steak first, but a spatchcock chicken is also terrific.[p]Merry Christmas,[p]Woody
  • Arlene,
    Let me suggest smoked sausage, and a (seperate but also in the egg of course) tin foil wrap of peppers and onions, EVOO, salt, chopped garlic. Got two great pieces of a meal there.
    I also like to add a tin foil wrap of fresh asparagus....with again salt , chopped garlic, and EVOO.[p]Not need to waste a good cook on one item....sometimes!