Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Red Egg (pic)

Options
2»

Comments

• TomRaz
    TomRaz Posts: 22
    edited July 2014
    Options
    A digi q is a great solution as long as you do not want wireless.
    I wanted the ability to control the Stoker via wifi.

The bge branded controller is a bbq guru digi q 2 device so I am sure both the bge and bbq guru brands work great.
  • thailandjohn
    thailandjohn Posts: 952
    Options
    Stoker is my choice....I have had mine a few years and I love I it. Sleeping all night and having to worry about the pit temp was my reason for buying the Stoker but being able to monitor the meat temps and the ability to change the pit temp remotely with my phone or iPad is a big plus for me...if you have a need for controlling more than one Egg, no problem with the Stoker
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    It may not necessarily be a ceramic cooker at all (although for the price it should be).  The Base Exchange on Hill AFB sells an Egg-looking cooker, around $300, that's actually a steel shell with some kind of insulation in between the walls.  Haven't talked to anyone who owns/uses one.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Options
    Why not cut the Gordian Knot.  @Thailandjoh can you call your buddy and ask him what it is

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Options
    That looks identical to my Son's KJ
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @Botch‌ - you could be talking about a Big Steel Keg or Akorn. More likely the Akorn, if it grey and has a side table/cart sort of setup. But those aren't red AFAIK.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SmokyBear
    SmokyBear Posts: 389
    Options
    The nest sure looks like KJ's to me..
    Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)
  • thailandjohn
    thailandjohn Posts: 952
    edited July 2014
    Options
    They are Komodo Joes....I was very impressed with quality and price.....included are several extras....my next ceramic cooker will be the Komado Joe 24" model to go with my current XL Egg I really liked the hinge on the 24" model Komado Joe will be doing roadshow sales all around the country at Costco's
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Options
    A Joe Costco has had Joes on a travelling show like they have done Traegers in the past. The visions they carry are black & that is not a vision nest