Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty

Options
Ok guys just a quick warranty question.  I noticed a week or two ago the firebox on my medium is cracked.  I know its a lifetime warranty.  I searched some older threads and some people said they needed to show their receipt from when they bought their egg.  Well I bought this egg about 8 yrs ago and I know my receipt is loooong gone.  I haven't called my dealer yet, just thought I would see if you guys think I am ok?

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

Comments

• Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Options

Usually just take the firebox to most dealers.  Call them and ask.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Did you register your warranty by mailing in the warranty card or on the BGE website? Is your dealer the dealer you purchased the egg from new? If either of these I think you should be good.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options

I don't think I did mail in the card.  If memory serves me right, the dealer registered it for me at the time of purchase on his computer.

Yes, he is still my current dealer

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:

I don't think I did mail in the card.  If memory serves me right, the dealer registered it for me at the time of purchase on his computer.

Yes, he is still my current dealer

You'll probably be fine, but it will be a good test of what kind of dealer you have.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Just have your dealer on speed dial and your golden
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options

Thanks for the input guys.

@badinfluence I think your handle serves you right!

:)

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:

Thanks for the input guys.

@badinfluence I think your handle serves you right!

:)
    @EGGjlmh‌ yep :D
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa