Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where's nolaegghead?

2»

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @hapster‌ and that's no joke. Hopefully these don't surface when I die. Lol
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503

hapster said:

hapster said:

Or....he and SGH are hanging out. =))

LOL... Seems like there's more than a few guys hanging outta the zipper around here
    Pics or it didn't happen? :-O

=))
    That should have been the "same zipper"... And my cameras don't take those type of picture.
    I've got a couple of old Polaroid shots from me to my wife while in Sicily shall I upload them. =))
    Please....

Don't. I don't have any Clorox handy to rinse out my eyes
  • NPHuskerFL
    @hapster‌ =)) scanning and uploading. Have Clorox ready. JK. Hopefully those stay private. Lol
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    Shane  I mean @nolaegghead Say it ain't so. Defend your honor here. This place wouldn't be the same without your  input.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136

For goodness' sake, don't let Cazzy know NolaEggHead is missing.

There'll be Hell to pay!

:-t

I'll acknowledge and like your post since nobody else did. L-)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    bump till he's found.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Found some recent survellianve photos of @nolaegghead and his new porsche.

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @TigerTony - I just hadn't logged in much the past week. 

Yep, bought a Cayman S and I've been driving it constantly.  Yesterday went fishing at 6AM out of Lafitte, fished Mud and Barataria Bay, swung by the Tarpon Rodeo at Grand Isle, ate lunch, fished on the way back.  Got flagged down by some fishermen with a broken motor.  We towed a 30' crab boat back to Lafitte with a 16' aluminum skiff with a Yamaha 50.  Slow going.  Made me late for Dinner - friend of ours just made Lt Col and we had reservations at Delmonico.  I got home and had to catch up to them - just took a cab.

Fishermen gave us a bushel of crabs, so I think we're cooking crabs today!

We caught a lot of fish - whiite trout, speckled trout, spanish mackerel, hardhead and gaftopsail catfish.

Since I'm turning 50 and about to be a grandfather this year, I decided to splurge and buy a fun car.
    @nolaegghead said, "Since I'm turning 50 and about to be a grandfather this year, I decided to splurge and buy a fun car."

Mid-life crisis. I know - I've been there. Enjoy the car.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• TigerTony
    edited July 2014
    @nolaegghead - I final started to post a little bit on teh forum the last week and noticed you had disapeared. I was wtf?

Woah!! A Cayman S! Those things can fly. I hear they can do 180mph. Hey make sure you stay out of Lakeview, you could easily lose it in a hole ;)

Filet that speckeled trout and cook it on a bed of onions topped with butter and garlic.

Hey I'm almost 60 and grandfather of 3 little ones and I still drive a Honda. But I did splurge and buy a second egg.
    New Orleans

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    All good with the Cayman-but next up is the 911 although the one I owned for almost 30 years doesn't even approximate the machines now.  Kinda like a hibachi and the BGE.  Gotta admit you will likely never need/want to buy another car.  Drive it like you stole it!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Congrats on the new car, I love speckled Trout on a bed of onions sounds great I always pan fried them.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    Love the car.  It's used - 27K miles, but perfect condition.  19" Rims and 4" ground clearance make me hyper-aware of the crappy roads here in NOLA.   It's so much fun it should be illegal.

imageimage
    edited July 2014
    Better to be lucky than good any day!  Gotta love German steel. Dang!!!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Great looking ride...Happy and safe travels..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Awesome car bud.

Little Rock, AR

• nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Very nice car. Looks like it would be fun to drive it like you stole it on the twin-spans:-)

Are there any future plans for a Cayman S convertible?
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• nolaegghead
    @nolan8v

The Boxter is Porsche's convertible version of this car.  The convertible version of any car is always heavier and the frame less stiff.  I'm not a big fan, although they are fun.
    That is sweet!!!! ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • NPHuskerFL
    @nolaegghead‌ definitely a sweet a$$ ride!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • TigerTony
    edited July 2014
    New Orleans

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    edited July 2014
    @DMW‌ I've had fast sports and muscle cars. I love my truck. But, if I ever get an opportunity for another Muscle Car I'd snag it. I'd get myself into trouble w/ a Porche.
    Get the new Hellcat. 707 rwhp or something silly like that.

Article in yesterday's paper about that beast, they said the fuel injectors can fill a 12-oz glass with gas in x number of seconds (can't remember the exact number).  Don't know how they figured that out, but it left an image; I'll stick to my turbo 2.0Liters...

Suh-weet looking ride, Nola!  
    :-bd

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    I love burning fuel. Stimulates the economy! :)
    GWN
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Happy Birthday my friend. Nice ride
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.