Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Red Egg (pic)

Options
My friend just bought a Red Egg styled cooker today from Costco. He really loaded it up for his first cook

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Very nice. The food doesn't mind if it's red or green. ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Just curious. What brand is it? It doesn't look like my Joe.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• thailandjohn
    thailandjohn Posts: 952
    Options
    I am not sure of the brand. He bought it today from Costco in Livermore California...... His total price out the door was $749 including everything
  • SGH
    Options
    That ain't a bad price at all. I like all the ceramic cookers. Have both a BGE and a JOE.

Status- Standing by.

• thailandjohn
    Options
    This next week he will be getting a Stoker.......
  • SGH
    Options
    Awesome. Been toying with the idea of getting a controller myself. I was considering the guru .

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I certainly don't know it to be fact but I have heard that Costco carries the Vision brand. We do not have Costco in our area. Wish we did. That's a good deal he got there.

Status- Standing by.

• thailandjohn
    Options
    I will be going to this Costco tomorrow. I will find out what brand and any other information
  • SGH
    Options
    Thank you sir. If it's Vision they are really liked on some of the other forums that I frequent.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Based on the photo I'd say that is the Large Red Infinity Series by Grille Dome.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Looks like a KJ Classic to me
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • SGH
    Options
    @R2Egg2Q‌
    I have a Joe Jr. The pattern on mine is different. Not saying it ain't a Joe just looks different than mine. If it's a Joe that makes the price even better.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Husker may have called it correct. Infinity.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Husker I just googled the Infinity. I think you win. Not sure but it sure looks like it.

Status- Standing by.

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Doesn't look smooth enough to be a Grill Dome. And the dome in this one doesn't look as tall as those on a Grill Dome either.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    «««»or»»»» it's a Vision Grille. I've just don't recall seeing a Vision Grill in Red. But there are quite a few brands out now that have several color options.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    I give fellows.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    The pic on the right is throwing me off.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Husker that was my first thought as I have heard that Costco carries them. But the more I looked at the pic on the right I wasn't sure what it was.

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Have you ever put your hands on a Vision? @sgh ? The one I looked at felt like a cheap knock. And with that vertical you showed me today, why on earth would you want a pit controller. I'll be dreaming of a cooker like yours forever now.

Little Rock, AR

• NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Edit: nope definitely not an Vision after looking at the pic closer per the bottom vent.I stand by my first statement. Large Red Infinity Series by Grille Dome.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    No I have never saw one in person but I have read good things about them on other forums. As far as the controller I was considering it for the egg . Everyone seems to love them. I have made it this far without one I guess I should spend the money on something else .

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌ do enough Overnight L&S and you'll want a pit controller of some sort. If nothing else but for peace of mind.
    Big verticals and offsets can have similar benefits but, most tend to just go w/ manual dial in on those.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    I think it is a joe. They were selling joes at my Costco a month or so ago. One of their traveling showcase items.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• SGH
    Options
    @Smokinpig‌
    It no doubt could be . Just looks different from my Jr. Could be just the pic though.

Status- Standing by.

• TomRaz
    TomRaz Posts: 22
    Options
    Back to the topic of getting a Stoker
    I purchased one around 1 1/2 months ago and love it.
    I researched BBQ Guru, The Big Green Egg version of BBQ, Cyber Q, Pitmaster IQ,

I wanted one that was wireless and had the most apps available for it and the Stoker had the best selection for IOS and Android.

Also the fan on the Stoker has a damper door that when it is not running, the damper door closes and no air is let into the bottom of the egg.

Also the Stoker has 6 inputs where you can plug anything into any jack and they also support K-Series thermocouples if you purchase a K-series adapter.

Good luck
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    the $300 on the digi q I spent was well worth it IMO. Go for it
    Seattle, WA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That looks like a KJ. Unless somebody copied their nest and grid system.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @TomRaz‌ yep for sure! +1 on the Stoker.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • kdink
    kdink Posts: 336
    Options
    The costco up here had a vision brand a few months back
    2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
    Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ