Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I have done it now!

Options
2»

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    TomRaz said:
    Does the handler make it simply easier to move around when its in the nest ?
    Are there any other benefits of the handler ?

Much more stable unit with Handler. If the unit I was moving at the last Salado EggFest had a Handler this would not have happened. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TomRaz
    TomRaz Posts: 22
    Options
    Ouch !
    Handlers are more valuable that I thought
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    They have both been very good.  It seems easier to set a temperate with them than the daisy wheel.  It does take a bit of getting used to and I truly believe from my experience that it has to have a little build up from cooking to get its full effect.  When put on brand new and spotlessly clean it seems to drift up a bit on set point but after a few cooks it seems to improve.  I know having a gasket in the base is a change but I think there is a little leakage until it gets some cook residue. After a bit of residue is present the top still is easily adjustable but does not spin nearly as freely as it did while new.  We bought four of them, two for myself and two for friends and we are all very happy with the performance.  Now to break down the XL and get to refinishing the table.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options

I don't think I could ever sell an egg. 

Selling an egg is like selling a child. It shouldn't happen.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I am pretty sure I am going to get another table. The nest came with the egg. I can't decide between one big table or just another table like I already have. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Two tables is nice if you have the room as you can position them to take advantage of space or change your cooking layout.  I went that way to have a place to put a hot platesetter/grid on a couple of fire bricks on the lower shelf.  Not having to hunt for a spot as it is right there and contains the hot items to prevent burns on legs etc.  I will also be adding a rack to hold my CI grids on the XL.  It is not shown in the picture but a Rubbermaid container slides nicely under the lower shelf and holds a selection of smoking woods.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa