Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Black olive

Options
badinfluence
badinfluence Posts: 1,774
Ok does anyone have one? Been looking at it. well online so far and thinking about getting 1 for the wife a she don't like firing up the eggs. so if you have one what do you think of it?
1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa

Comments

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    I love black olives. However, I buy them at the grocery store. I think we are talking about 2 different things.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Yeah 2 different olives. its a pellet grill about the same size as a lg.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    @badinfluence AKA the Grill King of Iowa! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • badinfluence
    Options
    @badinfluence AKA the Grill King of Iowa! 
    @johnkitchens i would not say that by a long stretch. just want something easy for the mrs. and not a fan of treger.

Clinton, Iowa
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    You probably have more inventory than some stores that sell grills. 

• badinfluence
    Options
    lol yeah maybe but i eat good...lol

Clinton, Iowa
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Hey if anything I am jealous! Keep it rolling. 

• badinfluence
    Options
    Anyone even heard about it other then me? relative? friend? 2nd cousins ex boyfriend?

Clinton, Iowa
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Check on bbq-brethren.com. Much more likely to find folks with non-BGE cookers there. It's a really great website resource if you haven't been there.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Never seen one, nor do I know anyone who has one... Yet that is.

I'm sure they will have a following due to the ease of use and being able to go direct with pellets.
    Im sure it would be a great option for a lot of folks. I still use my Traeger even though two eggs have invaded its territory!!
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • badinfluence
    Options
    @Mcmac the olive would be more for the wife then me as she is not a fan of lighting the eggs so much dealer is checking into it for me

Clinton, Iowa
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Options
    I like what I see.  I may have considered one of those instead of the PG I bought for my wife.  Which she never cooks on.  Of course there is the price.  A little rich for me.
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • badinfluence
    Options
    timekpr1 said:

I like what I see.  I may have considered one of those instead of the PG I bought for my wife.  Which she never cooks on.  Of course there is the price.  A little rich for me.

@timekpr1‌ yeah the price is a little salty i agree but i guess it's in line with the price of a large with a digital Q and it's for the most understanding wife on planet earth.

Clinton, Iowa
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Options
    Unfortunately I am lacking #3
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    @Mcmac the olive would be more for the wife then me as she is not a fan of lighting the eggs so much dealer is checking into it for me

@badinfluence‌ , I get it for sure, my wife is the same way... She will use the Traeger if I'm not home because all she has to do is tun a know to get it going! Clean and easy for the little lady.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR