Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Antique Cars

jllbms
jllbms Posts: 381
Anyone? I'm the white Thing below. We have the largest (I think) outdoor car show every year on the MS Gulf Coast. Cruisin' The Coast.
Kemah, TX

Comments

• sstripes96
    sstripes96 Posts: 152
    Im in the process of doing a frame off on a 73 Formula Firebird. And then there is my other toy.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I still own - I THINK! - a 1956 MGA roadster. It truly has been in deep storage for over 34 years now and some day will probably show up on some forum somewhere as somebodies "barn find". I would be very glad to connect someone with it, rather than for me to leave this earth wondering what happened to it. Email me to take this off this forum as I really don't want to get flamed! OK?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    I've got a 1930 Model A...

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821

Well you  guys probably aren't going to believe this but I have a VW  66 sunroof sedan in the works. Hence td66snrf. 

Tim D 

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    I've got a 1930 Model A...
    Very nice. Dad had a '27 T, I almost had a Model A for a hot rod, all time favourite is a '34 Ford. 
    Currently have a '77 Chevy short box C10 collecting dust in the garage. It makes a nice spot to store lump.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    RRP said:

I still own - I THINK! - a 1956 MGA roadster. It truly has been in deep storage for over 34 years now and some day will probably show up on some forum somewhere as somebodies "barn find". I would be very glad to connect someone with it, rather than for me to leave this earth wondering what happened to it. Email me to take this off this forum as I really don't want to get flamed! OK?

Is that something you'd consider selling Ron?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Morgan Plus 8 for me.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Jeremiah

Morgan Plus 8 for me.

Nice! I love Morgans. Here's a couple of shots form the Mitty this summer. imageimage

They stole the show. What do you think of the new three wheeler? I kinda dig it.
  • HDumptyEsq
    @Jeremiah. Thanks. I almost went to the Mitty with Mogsouth (Morgan Owners' Group) this year but had to help with an auction that weekend.
    I love the new 3-wheeler. Apparently it's not really fast but it feels REALY fast. I think your backside is about 3 inches off the ground.
    The factory took photos of my car being built and Peter Morgan (now deceased) signed the last photo in the album. They are great folks and real artists.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

• tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    edited July 2014

I have a very nice 1958 Triumph TR-3.  I just drove it 150 miles, and it survived (mostly).  It is original (unrestored).

Santa Paula, CA
  • tksmoke
    Santa Paula, CA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Am I the only one here that hates cars? Old or new, they are like horses, beats hell out of walking. Forget that, walking is better than horses.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tksmoke
    @Mickey - I believe you may still be in recovery from being too involved in the automotive scene.  While I hate driving, I do like old cars.  That old Triumph brings me back to my college days - a much simpler time.  They were horrible cars, totally unreliable and incredibly dangerous.  But it opens the floodgates of memory lane.  We have a cruise night here, and folks bring their beautifully restored, or original, or highly modified mechanical conveyances.  Some are labors of love, others are status symbols.  I like to see them, and enjoy driving the TR3, but can't take it to "shows". and will never make it a show car.  Miss Lisa cannot understand my attraction.  I think those who like cars have different reasons - but remember, some folks don't like BBQ!!!
    Santa Paula, CA
  • Jeremiah
    @HDumptyEsq‌ that's really neat. I never knew much about Morgans till recently. Really fell in love at the Mitty. Where are you located?
  • HDumptyEsq
    @Jeremiah. I'm in Brentwood, Tennessee, just retired after 47 years in the car business. Like @Mickey in that regard but I guess from his post above, that he's over it  ;). I think he's kidding himself; it gets in your blood.
    I still love cars and have accumulated a few bits and pieces. I'm currently helping a couple of guys develop a classic car auction business. 
    I used to be involved with the little one over in Augusta on the SC side of the river.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• Jeremiah
    Ah. Wondered in account of that. I share the feeling about cars sometimes. I'm really burnt out on fixing wrecks. But I've been at it since I was 13, spent the first 10 years restoring classics. Hopefully one day I'll get back into them.

Here's how I'm spending my Saturday:
  • HDumptyEsq
    @Jeremiah. My hat's off to you and all that can put cars back together. That's a very real talent. When I was training, going through all the departments in a large London dealership, the best time was in the body and paint shops.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    @Jeremiah. My hat's off to you and all that can put cars back together. That's a very real talent. When I was training, going through all the departments in a large London dealership, the best time was in the body and paint shops.

Got to tell you. They were by far the happiest guys/girls in my store. Before and after masks were mandatory.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• HDumptyEsq
    @Mickey and @Jeremiah. Back in the sixties we were issued a pint of milk everyday in the paint shop to "help the body get rid of the cellulose". :))

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    My dear departed....

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • Jeremiah
    @Farbuck‌ Nice! The 356's are by far my favorite Porsches.
  • HDumptyEsq
    Jeremiah said:
    @Farbuck‌ Nice! The 356's are by far my favorite Porsches.
    Hear, hear to that. Love those coupes but an early speedster is real nice.
    I tend to like coupes of most sports cars rather than drop heads. My everyday 'smoke' is a 1999 Jaq XK8.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    @HDumptyEsq Beautiful ride.  Jaguar sets the standard for elegance.  Although those Morgans are none too shabby.  If the British only made cars that ran as good as they looked....

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • HDumptyEsq
    Farbuck said:
    @HDumptyEsq Beautiful ride.  Jaguar sets the standard for elegance.  Although those Morgans are none too shabby.  If the British only made cars that ran as good as they looked....
    HaHa. Too true. I'm touching wood as I say this………so far so good. Now, I have a bevy of old Land Rovers and I'm always tending to them. :-S

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• RRP
    edited July 2014
    @MaskedMarvil & @Jeremiah,

Thanks for inquiring guys...it made me travel out to the farm house where my '56 MGA has been in storage in a barn there for 34 years. For the first 10 or 11 years I paid $240 per year storage when the guy's wife would send me an invoice. The last time I recall hand delivering the check to her and asked if they would consider a lesser rent and she said that only seemed right. Well that was the last time they billed me and another 23 or 24 years passed. Today I drove out there and couldn't find the house nor barn so I stopped on down the road and asked. I was told that the owner had died years and years ago and a private school was built on the grounds. I guess I will never have closure on what happened to it, but at least I can tell you guys - no it's not for sale!

RIP my beloved '56 MGA wherever you are...

• Jeremiah
    Oh Ron I'm sorry. That stinks.
  • HDumptyEsq
    @RRP. That's gut-wrenching. Sorry to hear that.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• RRP
    @RRP. That's gut-wrenching. Sorry to hear that.
    Thanks - I've decided to fill out a report with the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles which offers a service to locate stolen vehicles USING the information off the title which I still have in my possession. It isn't the VIN like we know today, but there are other identification codes. I'm not saying it was stolen since the old guy or his estate probably declared it abandoned property and MAY have sold it and had it re-registered. I'd just closure and think it is worth the effort. Heck I still even have the ignition key in my possession. If nothing else maybe the new owner would get a kick out of knowing it's history and see some of our old pictures of it in it's prime! BTW I'd be lying if I told it it had no sentimental value...in August 1966, my sweetheart and I graduated from college on Friday, got married the next day and started our new life together traveling from MO to IL. That tiny car held all our worldly possessions! We were so naive and left our small town in MO and drove to Chicago where I started to work on Monday! Yes, I will try to track it down!
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    Ron please start a new thread when you start getting more info. Sorry this happened to you.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Jeremiah
    Well good luck Ron. Let us know what you find. Hopefully the new owner has restored it to original and it's gained a new life!