Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

16.5 hours in

Options
I'm working on a 10 lb brisket.  Cooking at 225 - 250* more or less.  The meat is now at 174 and still climbing so I'm starting to get real happy.

Pictures to follow

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA

Comments

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Wow... thats a long cook!! I've Ive been to 15 hours a couple of times with a bunch of pork butts, but never a brisket. You must be dying to take it off and eat!
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Damn that seems like a long time. Thermapen?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    If that's the dome then for 10lbs he could be easily looking at the 20+ hour range.  You know them piggies-a body of their own for sure.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Options
    I pulled it off after about 18 hours - internal temperature was 193 but didn't probe as tender as I hoped it would.  Resting for an hour or so and then dinner

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    lousubcap said:

If that's the dome then for 10lbs he could be easily looking at the 20+ hour range.  You know them piggies-a body of their own for sure.  FWIW-

Brisket, piggie?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Just be ready for some muscle work when pulling-you can likely get the texture you want but it may take a bit of effort.  If "too hard" then slice and chop-all the same great taste in a sammich!  Enjoy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Just be ready for some muscle work when pulling-you can likely get the texture you want but it may take a bit of effort.  If "too hard" then slice and chop-all the same great taste in a sammich!  Enjoy!

Are you day drinking again cap? He made a brisket, not a pork butt. ;)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • lousubcap
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Busted-that's what I get for error carried forward (ECF) and yes, I have had a few adult beverages!  Disregard all above that I offered.  But it was with good intentions...just a gross hose-up and to think it's early.  Treat any additional posts with fear and trepidation and maximum caution.   :)>-