Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's cook

Options

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Next.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    KC the King of Grunge.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I was going to take a shot in the dark and guess henapple ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    SGH said:

I was going to take a shot in the dark and guess henapple ;)

:-O no way he'd be naked covered in bacon. =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    My son actually loves them. Plays the guitar along with the cd.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    These avatar changes are killing me. One goes dark( @NPHuskerFL‌ ) the other happy ( @SGH‌ ) . What is going on with this?
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    Options
    @stemc33‌
    It's called boredom my friend. Not much else to do at 1:23am :D

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    The last concert that was scheduled I was working in Maintenance Control at around 1am or so. Me and my buddy had tickets. I called the fuel trucks for the inbound aircraft and ran out to direct it in (at the time I was a plane captain). Shortly after the radio came over w/ the announcement that Kurt was dead. Me and my bro were in total awe.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    It's only 0024 here Mountain Time. I hope I don't catch the madness in the next hour.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    stemc33 said:

These avatar changes are killing me. One goes dark( @NPHuskerFL‌ ) the other happy ( @SGH‌ ) . What is going on with this?

KC is dark?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Tragic to say the least. Much to young to depart this ole world for sure.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    SGH said:

@NPHuskerFL‌
    Tragic to say the least. Much to young to depart this ole world for sure.

Something's are inevitable.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    No doubt brother.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    You still hanging or have you called it quits for the night?

Status- Standing by.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Nice looking dinner. Love that smoker. I can just picture it fully loaded with tons of links of venison sausage hanging down to smoke. Can it easily handle temps around 140-170F?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SJ21XDC
    SJ21XDC Posts: 235
    Options
    Looks great!  Wings are on my short list of things to try on the BGE.

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

• SGH
    Options
    @Griffin‌
    Yes sir it can. It will hold low temp with no problem at all. Thanks for the compliments my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    BTW love the new avatar!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌
    Thanks my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    SGH I 'm just curious why go . Indirect  cooking  im a cook by trade i havent  treid indirect  cooking yet but i have a plateseter on it way 
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • SGH
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @cook861‌
    I normally cook them direct on my egg. That being said my egg is temporarily out of commission for a gasket change out. My vertical will only cook indirect. No option for direct. That being said I had no other option than to cook indirect. They turn out pretty good as long as you use a high temp when cooking indirect. Hope this makes sense my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• mlamb01
    mlamb01 Posts: 210
    Options
    SGH said:

@NPHuskerFL‌
    If I'm diligent in my loading I can load over 750 pounds of meat in one cook without stalling it. I can throw 500 pounds in it at will with no concern as to placement at all. It's been well worth the price to me. Saves a lot of headache when cooking for a crowd.

I don't want to stir anything up here, but I gotta ask. If you are not in the restaurant business or a caterer, why do you cook 500 lbs of meat in one cook? Isn't that like a $2000 cook?
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    SGH More curosty (bad speller) then anything  i have cooked spacchick chicken and a #6 bonless pork butt (low and slow) all direct  and have good results thx for you commets 
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • SGH
    Options
    @‌mlamb01
    I cook for fund raisers and charities. The meat is supplied and I get a commission for doing the cooking. Most of the time I do not accept it. Just try to help folks in need out. And trust me depending on what it's loaded with it can far exceed 2,000 dollars.

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    edited July 2014
    Options
    SGH said:
    @‌mlamb01 I cook for fund raisers and charities. The meat is supplied and I get a commission for doing the cooking. Most of the time I do not accept it. Just try to help folks in need out. And trust me depending on what it's loaded with it can far exceed 2,000 dollars.
    I knew you were a giver @SGH. You are my Brother. =D>

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    @mlamb01‌
    And when I'm feeling lucky I still cook some unsanctioned events as well. There are times that I convince myself that I can cook so I give it a go.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌
    I have and always will be your brother. You are one of the good ones my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌
    Brother if you honestly want to know just how big of a giver I am. Sunday ask the Biggreenpharmacist what kind of time he had during his time here. He might even post some pics of meat and seafood that I gave him. I try very hard to be kind and generous to everyone. All that I ever ask is that folks treat me kind as well. Nothing more my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    Options
    SGH said:
    @JRWhitee‌ Brother if you honestly want to know just how big of a giver I am. Sunday ask the Biggreenpharmacist what kind of time he had during his time here. He might even post some pics of meat and seafood that I gave him. I try very hard to be kind and generous to everyone. All that I ever ask is that folks treat me kind as well. Nothing more my friend.
    I recently drove from Lafayette, LA to Atlanta and probably went past your house i wish we would have connected earlier i would have stopped by for lunch.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Just cruisin on by, well done stuff SGH. World needs people like you.
    =D>
    Seattle, WA