Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cook Suggestions- not enough time for brisket

eggheadbrown
eggheadbrown Posts: 61
Hi. Looking for ideas for a beef main that can be accomplished in under  a 6 hour cook. Was going to do a brisket but now don't have enough time. 

Thanks!!!

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322

Depends on the amount of beef you need but you can do a rib roast at around 25 mins/lb. Here's a great roast read: http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1996/03/beef-standing-rib-roast-prime-rib.html  Beef ribs will fit in the window.  Your time-frame likely precludes a pulled beef cook.

FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Standing rib roast, filet of beef roast and meatloaf. Someone posted a recipe for Philly cheese steak rolls. I can't remember who but they turned out great. I changed the recipe a little and bought deli sliced roast beef. Stuffed with a slice of onion, pepper, cheese and mushrooms and rolled them into cigar shape and the wrapped with bacon. When they were just about done I basted with barbecue sauce. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Meatloaf!  A comfort food that anyone that enjoys beef will like.  Especially from the Egg.  Most folks have never tasted such a glorious treat.  I'm still trying to duplicate the recipe for the one that is served at our local Granite City Brewery.  It is very good but would only be improved by being cooked on the Egg.  When I get it right I will publish the recipe.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    I'm always n the lookout for a good meatloaf. I will be looking forward to your post. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !