Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Something to sooth the soul.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I think I'm going to cook a packer hanging on meat hooks just for fun.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Hate to puss out. However, I've got a couple of early appt at local Sonic's and wanna see MaMa off. So I bid y'all adieu till tomorrow. :)
    Gnite I-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Have a good one brother.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    I was just thinking the same thing, however I'll leave you guys with a lobster recipe that I think could be adapted to the egg rather easily with a CI skillet. This is the brain child of Jasper White and Julia Child herself called it her favorite lobster recipe of all time.

(This is not the total recipe, but the closest approximation that I could find online. I'll find the full list of ingredients this weekend)

http://www.nytimes.com/recipes/11611/jasper-whites-pan-roasted-lobster.html
  • SGH
    @ChillyWillis‌
    I love me some lobster brother! Be sure to post them if that's what you cook. Thanks for the link as well.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    Damnit! Busted lurking! Lol. Ok. 4real crashing now. Ttyl y'all.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Who busted you? ;)

Status- Standing by.

• stevethegreat
    stevethegreat Posts: 247
    edited July 2014
    @ChillyWillis‌ you can't post a lobster recipe without pics! Sounds good. But so does that hanging packer SGH keeps talking about
    Steve
    Outside of Appleton, WI - MBGE, LBGE
  • SGH
    @stevethegreat‌
    It's coming brother!

Status- Standing by.

• ChillyWillis
    SGH said:

@ChillyWillis‌
    I love me some lobster brother! Be sure to post them if that's what you cook. Thanks for the link as well.

Well I won't be cooking that recipe this weekend, it's way to involved for a family cook (there will be 10-15 adults). But if I do a lobster boil in seawater I'll be sure to post some photos for ya.
  • I look forward to it. I sure it will look delicious like all of your cooks.
    Steve
  • SGH
    @ChillyWillis‌
    Looking forward to it my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Sounds good @ChillyWillis‌
    Steve
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    edited July 2014
    I believe I have a few years on you folks and it's not metal rock, but this is one of my favorites while listening to Clyde Clifford's Beaker Street on the mighty ten ninety KAAY.  Listened regularly in the late sixties early seventies.  I contacted Barbara Raney (vocalist) and have an autographed copy of a CD of her songs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rDgovK3FTc8
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • bettysnephew
    Come on.  You may be upstanding and respectable now, but I know some of you folks are closet hippies and listened to Clyde late on Saturday nights.  KAAY covered so much area being a clear channel station that I can't believe I'm the only one here.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2014
    @bettysnephew‌ I may have heard this lil ditty. But, I'm not confessing on it. >:)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • bettysnephew
    Umm hmm, the guy that confesses to Rob Zombie etc. MIGHT have heard it......
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2014

Umm hmm, the guy that confesses to Rob Zombie etc. MIGHT have heard it......

Hey I didn't admit it. Just saying I may have heard it ;;)
    And if you've noticed I like all kinds of music.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • bettysnephew
    Nor Jamie Brockett and "The Wreck of the USS Titanic" either?
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • NPHuskerFL
    @bettysnephew‌ truth be told some of my favorites are Jazz. I've always have. I just tend to listen to more Classic Rock, metal, grunge, Country new & old. I don't gravitate toward one genre.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • bettysnephew
    Today it's either Classic Rock or Classical for me. Queen and Mahler, what a combination.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • SGH
    @bettysnephew‌
    Good call. ^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Today it's either Classic Rock or Classical for me. Queen and Mahler, what a combination.
    I'm with you. Beethoven to the blues and all stages in between. Except RAP - can't stand that shite. Oh, and folk music - bunch of old hippies caterwauling. 

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• ChillyWillis

truth be told some of my favorites are Jazz.

@NPHuskerFL‌ Same over here. My uncle (who may as well be my older brother) is a jazz musician who went to school at Berkeley in Boston. Been listening to Jazz since before I could walk.

I managed to figure out about metal on my own a few years after that B-)
  • bettysnephew
    I'm odd man out on jazz.  I do enjoy Brubeck and a few others, but when the melody gets totally lost in the improvisation and starts sounding like an elementary music school going up and down the scale I'm outa there and unfortunately too much of it does just that.  Rap does not exist in my collection or world for that matter.  Well maybe Blondie and the Man from Mars but that is only because she was hot!
    Some years back I had one of the older Chevy Blazers with a powerful stereo in it with a huge double Godfather subwoofer with a lot of wattage.  Some kid came up behind me with his car going bumpata bumpata from too much bass and not much else.  The back window on the Blazer rolled down just as the cannon shots went off on the 1812 Overture.  He suddenly decided to make a turn at the intersection.  My ears almost bled but it was worth it to see the look on his face from being outdone by an old fart playing classical music.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    I love all kinds of music have my Mötley Crue farewell tour tickets in November playing with Alice Cooper then a 7 day Carribean Cruise with Lady Antebellum concert in Cozumel, Mexico the following week! I can't wait for November!!!!!!!
  • SGH
    @Bayarad‌
    That should be a blast my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• ChillyWillis
    edited July 2014
    @bettysnephew‌ not all jazz is wild time schemes and 5 minute improve sessions (although I've spent quite a few night drifting off to a Coltrain marathon). Here is a little piece from an amazing guitarist that I think would be up your alley based on the music you posted last night. His name was Django Reinheardt and he was a gypsy guitarist traveling Europe in the 20s and 30s.

(Fun fact (although he would probably argue that it wasn't that fun a fact): his hand was maimed in a fire that burned the caravan he lived in to the ground and he only had the use of two fingers on his fretting hand for soloing. It's truly amazing what he could do with only two digits...)

http://youtu.be/VpmOTGungnA

• SGH
    @ChillyWillis‌
    That's pretty solid my friend.^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @ChillyWillis‌
    How did my chicken thread turn into a video thread? ;)

Status- Standing by.