Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lots of Recent Stuff (pic intensive)

Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
edited July 2014 in EggHead Forum

Sorry that I haven't been around much lately.  Trying to catch up tonight with some recent pix.  Most everything was done on the Mini....  except for the chili and brats.  I used a boneless chuck roast and grinded it up with my KitchenAid for the chili.  Added some onions, garlic, jalapenos, home grown tomatoes, spices, and all sorts of other stuff.  Then blasted it with some Cherry Wood Smoke.  The cheeseburgers were Umami burgers.  I got that idea from @Griffin.  He told me it was good, and that boy knows his shiz.  He was right, those were indeed fantastic.  :)

And here is the new handle I made for the Mini.  I whittled it outta some driftwood I picked up awhile back.

The Umami Cheeseburgers also got topped with leftover Chili and with wife's cole slaw.  The cole slaw is spectacular and pairs really well with lots of stuff.  It's been on our rotation a few weeks now.  HERE IS THAT RECIPE.  Instead of using sugar, my wife substitutes it with Splenda to cut down on the carbs. 

And here are last night's Allegro Hot and Spicy Chicken Drums.  I ended up cutting in some Sweet and Sour Sauce for a touch of sweet. 

Served them up with some fresh Garlic Green Beans

That's it for now.  Hope some of you try the slaw and the Umami Burgers, as those are veeery tasty! 

Comments