Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Carten has arrived

Options
Hic
Hic Posts: 350
#55 came in the mail yesterday. Fit the Small perfectly. I was surprised how light weight it actually is but feels very sturdy.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

Comments

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Looks like a well made piece of gear. Also like your signature line!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • volfan1
    volfan1 Posts: 164
    Options
    Mine is arriving for my mini this week. So excited!  Gigigigigity!
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Awesome Hic. You'll love it. Too bad no more camping in the speedway we"de have a gang of cartens in there.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Looks great - where do you do your golfing at?
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    fence0407 said:
    Message me if you ever need a 4th I would be happy to join you. Week days are usually fine.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I'm getting tempted on one of these.
    Seattle, WA
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    @hic how long did it take after you ordered it and what was the price? I am between an egg Carten and making one out of wood.

Jim

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Hic
    Options

@jrwhitee Scott Lewis was on hiatus for bit b/c of moving, so he just started making them again. I was in this first batch (I think) since his return, so he was still working out some logistics.I would say it was about 3 weeks after I sent him a check. Here is the original thread announcing his comeback and his link to his blog. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1166222/carten-update/p1

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• Hic
    Options
    @fence0407 I mostly play @ North Fulton, only because I'm in a league there. I have also played the Hooch a couple of times this summer.  When the wife wants to play we usually go to the Georgia Trail but she hasn't asked yet this year :).

Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• fence0407
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    fence0407 said:
    Message me if you ever need a 4th I would be happy to join you. Week days are usually fine.
    I'm headed to play The Standard Club on Friday morning with a friend. He's a 1 handicap, I'm not. Hope I don't embarrass myself. Where do you normally play at? I have a friend that I normally golf with, but could use another group member! I'll let you know next time we get out (typically weekends).
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407
    Options
    Hic said:
    @fence0407 I mostly play @ North Fulton, only because I'm in a league there. I have also played the Hooch a couple of times this summer.  When the wife wants to play we usually go to the Georgia Trail but she hasn't asked yet this year :).
    I've played North Fulton a few times, including New Year's day this year - bad idea to make an early tee time on New Year's day...

I typically play courses closer to Alpharetta, Johns Creek and Cumming areas.Trophy Club of Atlanta, Hampton, Woodmont, Lanier..etc.
    Cumming, GA  

• JRWhitee
    Options
    fence0407 said:
    JRWhitee said:
    fence0407 said:
    I'm headed to play The Standard Club on Friday morning with a friend. He's a 1 handicap, I'm not. Hope I don't embarrass myself. Where do you normally play at? I have a friend that I normally golf with, but could use another group member! I'll let you know next time we get out (typically weekends).
    I play at St. Marlo a lot as it is right across the street from my house otherwise Windermere. I used to play at Crooked Creek but I think Alpharetta CC may have bought them not sure if it is private. I usually shoot in the high 80's unless I am playing a lot. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • fence0407
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    fence0407 said:
    JRWhitee said:
    fence0407 said:
    I play at St. Marlo a lot as it is right across the street from my house otherwise Windermere. I used to play at Crooked Creek but I think Alpharetta CC may have bought them not sure if it is private. I usually shoot in the high 80's unless I am playing a lot. 
    We are in the same boat as far as scoring. I've only played St. Marlo and Windermere 1 time each, years ago. Have you tried River Pines? It's a good little course.
    Cumming, GA  

• JRWhitee
    Options
    I have played River Pines a few times it is a nice course.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • fence0407
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    I have played River Pines a few times it is a nice course.
    Yeah for the price it isn't bad at all. Not a very long course though. Hopefully we can get out and play soon!
    Cumming, GA  

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I got my Carten a few weeks ago. I'm not the only household member that appreciates it though.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    I got mine just the other day also.  A little over a week after mailing out the check.  Gonna post some pics when I get my small in her new home.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Nice piece of equipment. Are you from Boston and moved to Atlanta? If so, where from. I moved to Aiken, SC from Eastie a few years back....
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    anzyegg said:
    I moved to Aiken, SC from Eastie a few years back....

Damn. No Rino's there...
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited July 2014
    Options
    21 said to say HELLO Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hic
    Options
    @anzyegg I moved from Milford, MA to Atlanta with a stop in FL for 10 years. I like it here, It's nice having 3 1/2 season.

Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• JRWhitee
    Options
    I am like you @Hic, went from Rockford, IL to Florida for 8 years and then to Atlanta I like the small change in seasons as well.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    But all Atlantans would like to forget the other season..... POLLEN season!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!